With the team's practice prep for the Giants complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
10. "Yeah, obviously we're facing somebody that can threaten us, vertically, in the middle and also a back like Saquon, and Sterling Shepard. A lot of guys can make plays for them and when you look at it you've got to key on their guys and their targets and try to defend them as best as we possibly can."
- Josh Norman, on the Giants' offense
9. "They're big, strong physical guys. They have the ability to jump off the line quick and get their hands into you, so to combat that you've got to be strong and use your hands as well, obviously they're very large human beings up there so you've got to be able to anchor in and handle that."
- Chase Roullier, on New York's young defensive tackles
8. "He's like, he's out of this world. To be honest, I know Todd Gurley in LA has done a ton and he definitely is one of the bright spots in the NFL but I think Saquon, what he's done, I think it pretty much says that he could go down as one of the better players to ever touch a football. Obviously I hate to play him twice a year but he is a very special player and you know I'm glad that the NFL continues to add talent like this to the league."
- Trent Williams, on Saquon Barkley
7. "Well I think the total team effort, really. I think it starts upfront in the trenches. Those big guys are doing a great job, the front four or five depending on the personnel grouping, are doing excellent. At the line of scrimmage, that starts there. Being physical at the line of scrimmage and then the linebackers are finishing things off along with the safetys. So, overall it's just a total team effort. Eliminating the running backs like we have the last couple weeks has been a great, outstanding job by everybody. And then the passing game, they've held on. So, there's still some work to do without a doubt, but I like where they're at, I like where they're heading."
- Jay Gruden, on the Redskins' run defense
6. "Every possession is critical and to help the offense, it's team football. They help us out, we've got to help them out. But you know, at the end of the day we've got to go out there and try to put our best foot forward to do what we can to put the offense in better positions to put points on the board or whatever. And we ended up getting a defensive touchdown and we helped them out and we sealed the game."
- Preston Smith, on helping out the offense
5. "It says a lot about our defense. Like I said from the beginning of the year, we need to be a top-five defense if we're going to go where we need to go in the playoffs. We've just got to keep in that that top-five."
- D.J. Swearinger Sr., on the the defense's performance
4. "Man it was crazy, just hoping, praying for real. We had been working hard, everybody's living right. Something had to go our way, I'm just glad that it did happen like that. It was a great game, it was something great to be a part of. We played hard, they played hard, we knew it was going to come down to that and it did."
- Mason Foster, on the last-second field goal
3. "Like for example, I play wide receiver. So, I can make a guy miss on the post move and the post not be there. Then we have Green Bay where the post is there. So it's going to happen when the timing's right. Like that same post we didn't get against Arizona, we came back and we got it against Green Bay. So I think that when, we don't know. But it's going to happen, you just have to keep playing hard, keep knowing you job, executing your job and then let it come to you. Especially from my perspective, I have to let it come to me. I'm at receiver. I got to wait to the center to get the ball to the quarterback, quarterback got to go through his reads and then he's got to find me. So it like, for me, you learn that patience. Especially coming from Seattle."
- Paul Richardson Jr., on his belief the offense will improve
2. "Man, you kind of look around the league when it comes to the running back position. That's a position that's really helping offenses being productive. Of course offensive line but, when you look around the league, running backs really are doing some great things right now and helping their teams out a lot. So, that's crazy to even say."
- Adrian Peterson, on drafting a running back top-10
1. "To be honest with you man, when that ball hit the goal post, for some reason I just thought about Rich, man. It's been a week ago today last time we spoke, and his untimely death was kind of a shock to us all and we all felt it. I know he enjoyed the seat that he had today, and not having to work, enjoying a good night of football. I definitely think he was with us today, and so blessed to even have a guy like that around and be able to get to know him so, you know. That's really what I was thinking."
- Trent Williams, on the last-second field goal