Tickets | Washington Commanders - Commanders.com
History of Cleveland v. Washington
- Washington has won three of the last four matchups with Cleveland, including three straight from 2008-16.
- Washington's first victory against Cleveland came on Sept. 25, 1955, when Eddie LeBaron accounted for three touchdowns in a 27-17 win.
- Washington will host Cleveland for the first time since 2016, when Matt Jones rushed for 117 yards and a touchdown in a 31-20 win.
- Washington and Cleveland have met 47 times, making it the second-most common AFC opponent in franchise history.
- The most points Washington has scored against Cleveland in a single game came on Oct. 13, 1991, when Earnest Byner and Ricky Ervins combined for 198 rushing yards and three touchdowns in a 42-17 win.
- Memorable moment: Oct. 14, 1979: Clarence Harmon caught a 14-yard touchdown pass from Joe Theismann in the fourth quarter to take a 13-9 win.
- Cleveland leads the regular season series, 12-34-1.