Effective Date: August 1, 2022
Types of Information That May Be Collected
We collect the following categories of information when you use our Sites:
Information You Provide Directly to Us
- Contact Information, including name, alias, email address, telephone number, physical address, zip code or other information collected via the Sites;
- Sign-In Information, including username and password;
- Profile Information and Survey Responses, including your interests, preferences, feedback, educational or professional information, employment information, marital status, date of birth, age, and gender;
- Purchase and Payment Information, including bank account and payment card details, billing and shipping addresses, records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Public Posts, including in chat rooms, forums, and message boards the Sites may make available to users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you choose to engage in public activities on the Sites, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing information while participating in these areas. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
- Correspondence you send us or through the Sites and other information you provide, including when you contact us, respond to messages and communications we send you, participate in our contests or sweepstakes, interact with us on our social media channels, or otherwise provide information to us.
Information we collect automatically. We collect internet, electronic activity, and other information automatically from the devices and browsers that you use, including your device type; Internet protocol (IP) address; browser type and version; browser plug in types and versions; pages that you visit before and after using the Site, browsing history, and search history; the date and time of your visit; information about the links you click, pages or emails you view, and advertising you interact with within the Sites and other information about how you use the Site; and standard server log information.
Consistent with your browser, mobile device, or app permissions, we also collect geolocation information (including geolocation information derived from your GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth signals, IP address, and other device information).
Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through refer-a-friend programs, business partners, publicly and commercially available data sources, and other third-party services, and combine it with other information we have collected about you, including to derive inferences about your interests.
How We Use the Information Collected
We use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- To provide you with products and services. We use your information to process transactions, open and maintain user accounts, provide you with the products and services that you request from us (such as newsletters, surveys, and contests), facilitate the functionality of our products and services, and customize those products and services.
- To communicate with you. We may send you emails or otherwise correspond with you to communicate about your use of the Sites, our products and services, and your purchases, to respond to any customer service inquiries or requests for information, and to send you offers and marketing messages.
- To improve our Sites, products, and services. We use your information to maintain, improve, and administer our Sites, products, and services, including through troubleshooting, fraud detection, data analytics, and testing.
- To keep our Sites and fans safe. This includes to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations. This includes using your information if needed to protect or exercise legal rights or defend against legal claims.
With Whom the Information May Be Shared
At times, we may share your information with others for various purposes. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, such as website operation, sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, website analytics, analyzing data, billing, processing payments, processing transactions, providing customer service, advertising and marketing, security and performance monitoring, verifying fan information, research, data hosting, auditing, and data processing.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of the Commanders, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent or direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other companies, and you should review the privacy practices of such websites prior to interacting with them.
We do not sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes. If you access third-party services -- such as social media services, third-party single-sign on tools, or mobile platforms for in-app purchases -- through the Sites, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Sites, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Sites, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
This Site incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Certain personally identifiable information, such as credit card information, is transferred to our computers utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
Third Parties, Advertising, and Cookies
Some of our third-party partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of targeted advertising from member companies. To learn more, please click here or here. For additional information on how Google processes your information and what choices you may have, visit their site here. Due to differences between websites and mobile apps, you may need to take additional steps to opt out of interest based advertising for mobile applications. Please check your device settings and mobile app permissions for additional information on how to opt out.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some mobile and web browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration.
You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, accurate, complete, or current. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
We do not knowingly collect any information from children, as defined by applicable law, without parental consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to confirm whether or not we are processing your personal information, to access, port, correct, or delete your personal information, and to opt out of certain forms of profiling. If you wish to submit a request to exercise these rights, please contact us by visiting here. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. We reserve the right to deny requests in certain circumstances, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent or where another exception applies. If you believe the Commanders have erroneously denied your request, you may appeal our refusal to take action by visiting here.
You may also have the right to opt out of the processing of personal information for targeted advertising. To exercise this right, please see the "Third Parties, Advertising, and Cookies" section above.
You can set your email subscription preferences, and opt out of certain types of emails, by visiting here.
Changes to the Policy
A Special Note for California Residents
This section provides additional information to California residents whose personal information is processed by Site pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"). If you are not a California resident, this section does not apply to you.
During the preceding 12 months, Site has collected the following categories of personal information that are processed pursuant to the CCPA: (1) identifiers, such as your contact information and online account information; (2) Internet and electronic network activity information, such as information about your interactions with the Washington Football Team websites, mobile applications, and social media pages; (3) audio, electronic, or visual information; (4) professional information; (5) education information; (6) inferences about you, including about your preferences; (7) financial information and other information as described above that may be considered personal information under Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80; (8) protected classifications under California or federal law; (9) commercial information including records or products or services purchased; (10) geolocation data.
We do not, and will not without your consent, "sell" personal information for purposes of the CCPA. As set forth in the Policy, we disclose personal information to third parties for business purposes, including without limitation, for purposes of advertising, marketing, and other services performed on our behalf, to protect against fraud and malicious activity, and for other business purposes described in the Policy. During the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed each of the above-listed categories of personal information for such business purposes. In addition, your information may be accessible to third parties with whom you interact or direct us to share your information through our services.
The CCPA allows California residents to request that a business that collects consumers' personal information give consumers access, upon a verifiable consumer request, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of personal information under certain circumstances, although there may be legal or other reasons that the Washington Football Team must retain your information consistent with California law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available to you may change or no longer be available to you. Any differences in the services are related to the value provided.
If you wish to submit a request, please do so by emailing email@example.com. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We reserve the right to deny requests in certain circumstances, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent.