With the team's practice prep for the Detroit Lions complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO:
1. Wide Receivers coach Ike Hilliard on what have been the biggest factors in rookie wide receiver Terry McLaurin's success:
"It has a lot to do with how he's wired. You can tell he had a great upbringing. The traits that were instilled in him were alpha-male traits to a degree. Terry's very smart, and he's gone about his business like a pro."
2. Quarterback Dwayne Haskins Jr. on how he felt about his and running back Derrius Guice's first-career NFL touchdowns:
"He was probably more excited than me, but I felt really proud of Derrius and everything he's had to overcome and all of the adversity he's had in his career. That's my brother. For him to rely on me, for me to lean on him, and for us to make plays for each other, it meant a lot for me."
3. Rookie Wide Receiver Kelvin Harmon on how McLaurin's success has affected him:
"It definitely gives [you] confidence being able to feed off of each other and knowing that we're young but we can still go out there and get it. To see him have success as he's doing, that definitely builds my confidence knowing eventually I'm going to be I'm playing with a guy on the other side who's gonna be tearing a defense up. We're gonna make it easier for each other."
4. Interim head coach Bill Callahan on how the Lions offense is different with quarterback Jeff Driskel starting:
"In terms of size, he's got the physicality to push the pocket, escape the pocket, break tackles within the rush. He's extended plays, he shows the ability to scramble and make the ad lib play down the field on the move. They feature him quite a bit in the zone read game, which is pretty impressive, and I think they'll continue to do those types of things."
5. Safety Landon Collins on the evolution of Haskins:
"It's [Dwayne Haskins'] offense now. His team now, so just making sure he stays on top of his game, making sure he studies hard and making sure if he has questions on what a defense could do or be looking at making sure we give him those answers."
6. Cornerback Quinton Dunbar on how the defense can improve communication moving forward:
"At some point, as a grown man in a professional football league, you've got to get it together. As a group -- not just singling anyone out, but everybody as a whole -- you've got to get better at communicating and taking pride in wanting to communicate."
7. Harmon on who he's leaned on throughout the season:
"[Wide receivers] coach Ike [Hilliard]. Big ups to Coach Ike, he really helped [with] slowing the game down, trying to make it look easier for me, getting rid of rookie nerves and stuff like that. And talking to guys like [Paul Richardson], Vernon [Davis], even the rookies -- Terry [McLaurin] and Dwayne [Haskins]. We'll try and calm each other to know it's just another game for us to be able to go out there and execute."
8. Hilliard on who McLaurin reminds him of:
"From a pure speed, acceleration standpoint, the only guy I've been around that he looks sort of similar to is a younger version of Joey Galloway. But Terry is kind of his own guy. He's going to be special. He's going to get better, which is pretty good for a lot of people around here."
9. Guice on how Haskins is taking more of a leadership role:
"He has to lead us and we've got to all follow. It's team, it's a team, it's a team – we've got to play as a team, we've got to win as a team and we've got to lose as a team. It's on all of us. We all made mistakes, we all made errors, we've got to fix it fast."
10. Callahan on how the offense can take advantage of Detroit's use of man coverage:
"I think for the most part, the 1-on-1 matchups have to get exploited to the best of our abilities. I think [offensive coordinator] Kevin [O'Connell] has done a really good job in his design by putting our receivers in position to create that mismatch. When you face man coverage, there is plenty of options in the pass game."