With the team's practice prep for the San Francisco 49ers complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO:
1. Interim head coach Bill Callahan on how adding a fullback changes the dynamic of the offense:
"You can run the ball a little bit more physically inside in terms of your lead type run actions and run plays. I just think it gives you a totally different dimension. It's good to have a fullback on the team and let's see if we can utilize him successfully."
2. Safety Landon Collins on preparing for the 49ers offense:
"It's crazy, you gotta stick to your keys, understand what you're supposed to be doing, understand what you're supposed to be looking at. They just put guys in different places all the time and they just use what they have to the best of their ability."
3. Wide Receiver Terry McLaurin on lining up against cornerback Richard Sherman:
"Going against a guy like Richard Sherman, it's a big test for me, but I don't shy away from that. I'm looking for a four-quarter battle, and I'm gonna try to make plays when they come to me."
4. Defensive lineman Jonathan Allen on applying more pressure on the quarterback:
"We definitely have the momentum right now, but I can't put my finger on one specific thing that we switched and been doing. We're just doing our job and doing it at a high level."
5. Center Chase Rouiller on blocking for running back Adrian Peterson:
"Obviously when you got a guy back there as exciting as Adrian it gives you that little bit of extra umph, I guess you could say. You got a guy back there who's a hall of famer, you're excited to be blocking for him."
6. Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky on the 49ers offense:
"We got to be physical upfront and be physical on the edge. We got to be physical inside and they're going to play-action to try to get up the field with the wide receivers. So, we got to protect both ends. They're a very good offense."
Take a look at photos from Redskins practice on Thursday October 17, 2019 before they take on the San Fransisco 49ers.
7. Quarterback Case Keenum on the challenge of preparing for the 49ers defensive disguises:
"You try to come and try to get a feel for what's going on, what they're doing, what they want to do, but also be ready to adjust because, being a game-plan team, teams come in here and can decide to run a whole different deal or focus on one part of their defense. I think we're ready for all aspects of it, though."
8. Callahan on the development of rookie wide receiver Terry McLaurin:
"When you're a rookie, you don't say a lot of things, you're not always so vocal because you're just learning, you're trying to feel your way around in an NFL environment and you're trying to really learn from the other players. For him to overcome that learning curve and take on a leadership role by example speaks volumes for his play. As he just continues to work diligently and he maintains his focus and shows continual improvement, the sky's the limit for him."
9. Cornerback Quinton Dunbar on how the defense is meeting his expectations:
"Most definitely. We've been playing good ball, but it'll be a quarter here, a quarter there. We show flashes of playing good. We gotta just continue to be consistent. That's the goal."
10. Callahan describing the 49ers defense:
"They're solid in every area, in their front, in their backend, their second-level. Their speed, quickness, explosion and pursuit to the ball is one of the best in the league right now, so they've done a tremendous job putting that front together."