The Washington Redskins on Sunday acquired third-year veteran safety Duke Ihenacho. Here's a look back at top images from his NFL career.
The Washington Redskins announced Sunday that they have made the following roster moves:
The team claimed the following player from waivers:
- S Duke Ihenacho
Check out action shots of the Washington Redskins' active roster as of Sept. 16, 2014.
The team waived the following player:
- S Akeem Davis
The team signed the following players to its practice squad:
- TE Ted Bolser
- CB Richard Crawford
- CB Chase Minnifield
- OL Tevita Stevens
- S Phillip Thomas
- NT Robert Thomas
- RB Chris Thompson
- WR Nick Williams
Ihenacho, 25, started 17 games at the strong safety position for the Denver Broncos in 2013, recording 73 tackles and three forced fumbles.
The 6-foot-1, 207-pound San Jose State product, also was a standout member of the Broncos' special teams units.
The Washington Redskins' 2014 practice squad as of Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014.
The team also began filling out its practice squad on Sunday with eight of a possible ten members, each of whom were waived by the Redskins on Saturday.
- Bolser, a 6-foot-5, 249-pound tight end, was taken by the Redskins in the seventh round of this year's NFL Draft. His lone catch this preseason was a seven-yard touchdown reception.
- Crawford, a third year cornerback out of SMU, was a seventh-round pick of the Redskins in the 2012 NFL Draft. He last played in the regular season for the Redskins in 2012, when he registered 18 tackles, two passes defensed and an interception in 10 games, as well as adding three punt returns for 100 yards late in the season. He was credited this preseason with eight tackles and two passes defensed.
- Minnifield, a 6-foot, 185-pound cornerback, originally signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 3, 2012. He missed the entire 2012 season with a knee injury, and was promoted to the team's active roster for Week 13 of the 2013 season. He was credited this preseason with three tackles, a half-sack and two passes defensed.
- Stevens, a 6-foot-3, 302-pound offensive lineman, was signed by the Redskins as an undrafted college free agent last season. He was signed to the team's practice squad Sept. 1, 2013.
- Phillip Thomas, a 6-foot, 223-pound safety, was taken by the Redskins in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He missed the entire 2013 season with a foot injury, and was credited with one tackle and one pass defensed this preseason.
- Robert Thomas, a 6-foot-3, 325-pound defensive lineman, signed with the Redskins as a college free agent on May 14. The Arkansas product was credited with one tackle this preseason.
- Thompson, a 5-foot-8, 193-pound running back, was taken by the Redskins in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He appeared in four games as a kick and punt returner last season – returning eight kickoffs and seven punts – before being placed on IR Nov. 12. This preseason, he had 12 rushes for 23 yards and caught six passes for 53 yards.
- Williams, a 5-foot-10, 184-pound receiver, was signed by the Redskins in May 2013 as an undrafted college free agent. He played in five games for the Redskins last season, returning nine kickoffs and one punt, while also scoring the first points of his career on a two-point conversion Week 11 at Philadelphia. This preseason, Williams caught six passes for 59 yards and a team-high-tying two touchdowns.