Tailgating Presented by Safeway
Tailgating involves the use of grills, coolers, chairs, tables or other devices that could inhibit pedestrian passage or vehicular access. Activities that do not use any additional space beyond your parking space are permitted. Port-o-lets are provided throughout the parking lot.
D-Purple, F-Purple, G-Purple, Orange, Green, Gray, Platinum, Limo, and Bus/RV parking lots open four (4) hours prior to kickoff. The RedZone Lot opens five (5) hours prior to kickoff. Port-o-lets are provided throughout the parking lots. H-Purple is not a tailgating lot.
Tailgating closes at kickoff and all guests must enter the stadium or depart from the property at this time. All lots close two (2) hours after the end of the game.
In order for all guests to enjoy the tailgating experience, we ask that fans follow these guidelines:
- Use of an empty parking space for tailgating is permitted only in designated areas and until such time as the space is needed to park other vehicles.
- Use of an empty parking space for tailgating is not permitted in the Platinum Lots.
- When parking, park your car in one space only and between the white lines.
- Parking permits are to be used for cars only, not for additional tailgating space or storage.
- Be considerate of other guests' vehicles.
- For the safety of all guests and for emergency vehicle access, please keep all aisles clear.
- Dispose of all trash in proper receptacles.
- Prior to entering FedExField, please extinguish all flames and grills. Ash dumpsters are available throughout the lots for your convenience. Do not place a hot grill in or under any vehicle.
Tailgating Code of Conduct
The Washington Commanders (the "Team") are committed to providing patrons a safe and enjoyable tailgating experience at FedExField located at 1600 FedEx Way, Landover, Maryland 20785 (the "Stadium") for each and every game and event (each an "Event" and collectively, the "Events"). Patrons are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of any accompanying minors or guests (each a "Fan" and collectively, the "Fans") at the Stadium and in the surrounding grounds and all parking lots of the Stadium.
Fans are required to abide by the following rules:
- Follow the written and verbal instructions of Stadium personnel, law enforcement, and parking attendants.
- Trailers, storage units, porta johns, and tailgating activities/equipment may not take up open parking spaces, vehicle unloading spaces, and crosswalks, or interfere with traffic flow of any parking lot.
- Drive lanes in all parking lots must be maintained and kept clear at all times.
- Fans purchasing parking spaces are fully responsible for the functions they host in their parking spaces.
- Parking spaces are 8.5' x 15'. A parked vehicle with or without open doors, gates, and/or accessories, cannot exceed these measurements. Any vehicles larger than the above will be asked to purchase an RV pass and directed to the appropriate lot.
- Each occupant of a vehicle and/or each Fan that is tailgating must possess a valid ticket and/or parking pass (as applicable) to a scheduled Event for the same calendar day. Access by any other means or for any other purpose is an unlawful trespass.
Note: The Team may press charges against trespass violators.
- Anyone who enters the parking lots for an Event at the Stadium must adhere to all terms and conditions associated with your parking pass and ticket, the Fan Code of Conduct, and all rules and guidelines associated with the Stadium.
- Treat your fellow Fans in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Dispose of all trash in proper receptacles.
- Extinguish all flames and grills prior to entering the Stadium. Ash dumpsters are available throughout the parking lots for your convenience. Do not place a hot grill in or under any vehicle.
- Tents, pop-up canopies, umbrellas, tarps or any temporary shelter, and temporary portable latrines must be broken down and put away before entering the Stadium.
- End tailgating at kickoff or the official start time of the Event. At this time, all individuals must either enter the Stadium or depart from the parking lots.
- The following parking lots open four (4) hours to the start of an Event: D-Purple, F-Purple, G-Purple, Orange, Green, Gray, Platinum, Limo, and Bus/RV.
- The RedZone parking lot opens five (5) hours prior to the start of an Event.
- Tailgating is not permitted in the H-Purple parking lot.
- Port-o-lets are provided throughout the parking lots.
- All parking lots close two (2) hours after the end of an Event.
- "Tailgating" or "Tailgate" means the use of any item (including tables, chairs, free-standing canopies, umbrellas, awnings attached to recreational vehicles, coolers, barbecues, grills, games, generators, televisions, sound systems, food or drink, food or drink preparation, serving equipment, or other items) for the purpose of an outdoor gathering by one or more people prior to, during, or after an Event.
Furthermore, Fans are strictly prohibited from the following:
- Exhibiting behavior that is unruly, disruptive, irresponsible, or illegal in nature, including public drunkenness.
- Advertising, selling, promoting, or distributing any food, beverage, ticket, merchandise, or any other goods or services without obtaining the prior written approval of the Team in each instance.
- Using foul, abusive, or offensive language, or making obscene gestures.
- Engaging in any conduct that is harassing, demeaning, derogatory, or hostile
- Impeding vehicle traffic, foot traffic, or Americans with Disabilities Act paths of travel.
ALL RULES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED FOR THE SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE OF OUR FANS.
ANY FAN WHO VIOLATES THIS TAILGATING CODE OF CONDUCT, OR ANY OTHER POLICIES OF THE STADIUM OR THE TEAM MAY BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED WITHOUT REFUND, LOSE TICKET AND/OR PARKING PRIVILEGES AT FUTURE EVENTS AT THE STADIUM, AND/OR HAVE THEIR VEHICLE TOWED OR MOVED FROM STADIUM PARKING LOTS AT THE VEHICLE OWNER'S EXPENSE, IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE TEAM OR LAW ENFORCEMENT.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE TEAM MAY TAKE NECESSARY LEGAL ACTION AGAINST ANYONE WHO VIOLATES THE RULES HEREIN.