REGULAR SEASON WEEK 10 WASHINGTON REDSKINS (5-3) VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (3-5)
Sunday, Nov. 11 | 1:00 p.m. ET
Raymond James Stadium (65,618) | Tampa, Fla.
The Redskins will look to win their second consecutive road game and move to 6-3 when they travel to face the Buccaneers.
Kickoff at Raymond James Stadium is scheduled for 1 p.m. The Redskins hold a one game lead over the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC East and enter the game with a 5-2 record against NFC opponents including a 1-2 record against the NFC South.
The last time the NFC East and NFC South were matched up in the regular season was 2015 when Washington finished 2-2 with wins over Tampa Bay and New Orleans. Washington enters the matchup with the longest active streak of forcing turnovers in consecutive games.
The Buccaneers enter Sunday's contest with a league leading 17 interceptions thrown and a total of 21 turnovers. Tampa Bay's turnover differential is minus 15 which ranks No. 32 in the NFL while the Redskins enter the contest tied for the fifth best mark in the league with a plus-seven differential.
A win would give the Redskins their third victory following a loss this season, break a 10-10 tie in the all-time regular season series against the Buccaneers, and hand them their first win in Tampa Bay since 2012.
Check out the top photos from the Redskins' Week 9 game against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, November 4th, 2018 at FedExField.
SERIES HISTORY: Redskins and Buccaneers tie all-time series, 11-11
Last meeting: Oct. 25, 2015 (31-30, WAS)
Thom Brennaman (play-by-play)
Chris Spielman (color)
Shannon Spake (sidelines)
RADIO: Redskins Radio Network
Larry Michael (play-by-play)
Chris Cooley (analysis)
Rick "Doc" Walker (sidelines)
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers enter the game with a 3-5 record, and coming off of a 42-28 loss to the Carolina Panthers. Head coach Dirk Koetter is in the midst of his third season with the Buccaneers, owning a combined record for 17-23.
Quarterback duties have been split this season, with veterans Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston splitting reps. Fitzpatrick is 122-for-184, for 1,793 yards, 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions over six games. Winston is 96-for-148, for 1,181 yards, six touchdowns and 10 interceptions over four games.
While quarterbacks Fitzpatrick and Winston have combined for 212 yards rushing and two touchdowns, it is running back Peyton Barber that is leading the way in the rushing game. Barber has rushed 104 times for 376 yards and a touchdown so far this season.
Tampa Bay has developed a diverse passing attack, led by veteran Mike Evans, who has recorded 47 receptions for 786 yards and four touchdowns this year. Former Washington Redskin DeSean Jackson has tallied 28 receptions for 626 yards and four touchdowns and tight end O.J. Howard leads the team with five touchdowns on 28 receptions for 472 yards.
On defense, veteran Jason Pierre-Paul has been one of the most dominant pass rushers in the National Football League, notching eight sacks for 53 yards, nine tackles for loss and 26 combined tackles. Linebacker Lavonte David owns the team lead in total tackles with 64 and team lead in solo tackles with 49. Linebacker Kwon Alexander has also wreaked havoc, recording two forced fumbles, three passes defensed and 45 total tackles so far this year.
Kicker Chandler Catanzaro is 10-for-12 on field goal attempts this season in his first year with Tampa Bay. Catanzaro hit the second longest field goal of his career, from 59 yards out, in a win over the Cleveland Browns on October 21st.
The Redskins and Buccaneers have met 20 times in regular season play dating back to the teams' first meeting on Oct. 9, 1977.
This week, the Redskins will attempt to break the all-time record inregular season play against the Buccaneers as the regular season series stands at 10-10. Currently, the all-time series is tied with an 11-11 record, including splitting a pair of postseason matchups.
In the last meeting, the Redskins erased a 24-point halftime deficit to pull off a 31-30 victory. It was the most points Washington ever had to overcome to win a game.
Included below is a list of all games played between the Redskins and Buccaneers. Postseason games are denoted with asterisks:
Date Game Result
- 10/9/1977 at Tampa Bay 10-0 W
- 9/19/1982 at Tampa Bay 21-13 W
- 10/22/1989 vs. Tampa Bay 32-28 W
- 12/5/1993 at Tampa Bay 23-17 W
- 12/4/1994 at Tampa Bay 26-21 L
- 12/18/1994 vs. Tampa Bay 17-14 L
- 9/24/1995 at Tampa Bay 14-6 L
- 12/8/1996 at Tampa Bay 24-10 L
- 12/19/1998 vs. Tampa Bay 20-16 W
- 1/15/2000 at Tampa Bay 14-13 L * 10/1/2000 vs. Tampa Bay 20-17 (OT) W
- 10/12/2003 vs. Tampa Bay 35-13 L
- 9/12/2004 vs. Tampa Bay 16-10 W
- 11/13/2005 at Tampa Bay 36-35 L
- 1/7/2006 at Tampa Bay 17-10 W**
- 11/19/2006 at Tampa Bay 20-17 L
- 11/25/2007 at Tampa Bay 19-13 L
- 10/4/2009 vs. Tampa Bay 16-13 W
- 12/12/2010 vs. Tampa Bay 17-16 L
- 9/30/2012 at Tampa Bay 24-22 W
- 11/16/2014 vs. Tampa Bay 27-7 L
- 10/25/2015 vs. Tampa Bay 31-30 W
NOTABLE REDSKINS/BUCCANEERS CONNECTIONS
Former Buccaneers on Redskins:
- Head Coach Jay Gruden (2002-08)
- Wide Receivers Coach Ike Hilliard (WR-Player, 2005-08)
- Director of Football Operations Paul Kelly (2004-08)
- Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky (2001)
VP of Player Personnel Doug Williams (QB-Player, 1978-82, 2004-10)
- LB Mason Foster (2011-14)
- S D.J. Swearinger Sr. (2015)
Former Redskins on Buccaneers:
- WR DeSean Jackson (2014-16)
Redskins from Florida:
- Head Coach Jay Gruden (Tampa, Fla.)
- Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray (Lakeland, Fla.)
- Assistant Special Teams Coach Bret Munsey (Winter Park, Fla.)
- Assistant Defensive Backs Coach James Rowe (Cocoa, Fla.)
- DL Caleb Brantley (Crescent City, Fla.)
- T Geron Christian Sr. (Ocala, Fla.)
- S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Orlando, Fla.)
- CB Quinton Dunbar (Miami, Fla.)
- LB Pernell McPhee (Orlando, Fla.)
- CB Fabian Moreau (Davie, Fla.)
- RB Chris Thompson (Greenville, Fla.)
Buccaneers from the Washington D.C. area:
- Defensive Coordinator Mark Duffner (Annandale, Va.)
- CB Ryan Smith (Upper Marlboro, Md.)
- CB M.J. Stewart (Arlington, Va.)
Redskins who went to college in Florida:
- Wide Receivers Coach Ike Hilliard (Florida)
- Offensive Quality Control Coach Chris O'Hara (Miami)
- Assistant Defensive Backs Coach James Rowe (South Florida)
- DL Caleb Brantley (Florida)
- CB Quinton Dunbar (Florida)
- K Dustin Hopkins (Florida State)
- TE Jordan Reed (Florida)
- RB Chris Thompson (Florida State)
Buccaneers who went to college in the Washington, D.C. area:
- Defensive Coordinator Mark Duffner (William & Mary)
Notable Pro Connections:
- Offensive Coordinator Matt Cavanaugh (2013-14) worked with Buccaneers Secondary Coach Jon Hocke (09-14) for the Chicago Bears. Cavanaugh served as Quarterbacks Coach and Hocke as Defensive Backs Coach.
- Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach Bill Callahan (1998-03) and Director of Football Operations Paul Kelly (98-03) worked for the Oakland Raiders when Running Backs Coach Randy Jordan (RB-Player, 98-02) and Buccaneers Offensive Quality Control Coach Ben Steele (Player, 02) played there. Callahan served as Head Coach and Kelly as Assistant to the Head Coach.
- Callahan (2012-14) and Tight Ends Coach Wes Phillips (09-13) worked with Buccaneers Assistant Special Teams Coach Carlos Polk (13) for the Dallas Cowboys. Callahan served as Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach, Phillips as Tight Ends Coach and Polk as a Coaching Intern.
- Phillips also worked with Buccaneers Defensive Backs Coach Brett Maxie (08-11) for the Cowboys. Phillips served as Quality Control/Offensive Assistant (07-10)/Assistant Offensive Line Coach (11-12) and Maxie as Defensive Backs Coach.
- Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky (2002-06, 11) worked for the San Diego Chargers when Buccaneers Assistant Special Teams Coach Carlos Polk (Player, 01-07, 10-12) played and worked there. Manusky served as Linebackers Coach (02-06)/Defensive Coordinator (11) and Polk as Special Teams Assistant (10-12).
- Quarterbacks Coach/Passing Game Coordinator Kevin O'Connell played for the Chargers in 2012 when Buccaneers Carlos Polk worked there.
- Manusky (2007-10), Defensive Line Coach Jim Tomsula (07-15), TE Vernon Davis (06-15) and QB Alex Smith (05-12) and Buccaneers Offensive Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator George Warhop (05-08) were all members of the San Francisco 49ers. Manusky served as Defensive Coordinator, Tomsula as Defensive Line Coach and Warhop as Offensive Line Coach.
- Defensive Backs Coach Torrian Gray (2004-05) worked with Buccaneers Quarterbacks Coach Mike Bajakian (04-06) and Running Backs Coach Tim Spencer (04-12) for the Chicago Bears. Gray served as Assistant Defensive Backs Coach, Bajakian as Offensive Quality Control Coach and Spencer as Running Backs Coach.
- Wide Receivers Coach Ike Hilliard (2013) worked for the Buffalo Bills when Buccaneers LS Garrison Sanborn (09-16) played there. Hilliard served as Wide Receivers Coach.
- Defensive Quality Control Coach Cannon Matthews (2008-11) worked for the Bills when Buccaneers QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (09-12) and LS Garrison Sanborn played there. Matthews served as Defensive/Special Teams Coaching Assistant (08-09)/Offensive Coaching Assistant (10-11).
- K Dustin Hopkins (13-14) and DB Kenny Ladler (14-15) played with Buccaneers QB Ryan Fitzpatrick and LS Garrison Sanborn on the Bills.
- LB Zach Brown (2016) also played with Buccaneers LS Garrison Sanborn on the Bills.
- Matthews (2013), G Shawn Lauvao (10-13) and QB Colt McCoy (13) and Buccaneers Offensive Line Coach/Run Game Coordinator George Warhop (09-13) were all members of the Cleveland Browns. Matthews served as Defensive Coaching Intern and Warhop as Offensive Line Coach.
- Matthews (2014-16) worked with Buccaneers Special Teams Coordinator Nate Kaczor (12-15) for the Tennessee Titans. LB Zach Brown played on the team from 2012-15. Matthews served as Defensive Quality Control Coach and Kaczor as Assistant Offensive Line Coach (12)/Special Teams Coordinator (13-15).
- Brown also played on the Titans when Buccaneers Defensive Backs Coach Brett Maxie (12-13) and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (13) were members of the team. Maxie served as Defensive Backs Coach.
- Matthews (2016) worked for the Cleveland Browns when Buccaneers DE Carl Nassib (16-17) played there. Matthews served as Assistant Defensive Backs Coach.
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Kavan Latham (2014-16) worked for the New York Jets when Buccaneers QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (15-16) played there. Latham served as Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Offensive Quality Control Coach Chris O'Hara (2014-16) worked for the Jacksonville Jaguars when Buccaneers P Bryan Anger (12-15) played there. O'Hara served as Offensive Coaching Associate.
A look back at some of the top images in games between the Washington Redskins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Pro Player Connections:
- OL Tony Bergstrom (2017) played with Buccaneers C Ryan Jensen (13-17) on the Baltimore Ravens.
- LB Pernell McPhee (2011-14) also played with Buccaneers C Ryan Jensen on the Ravens.
- McPhee (2015-17) and LB Mason Foster (15) played with Buccaneers RB Jacquizz Rodgers (15) on the Chicago Bears.
- DL Caleb Brantley (2017) played with Buccaneers DE Carl Nassib (16-17) on the Cleveland Browns.
- WR Jehu Chesson (2017) and QB Alex Smith (13-17) played with Buccaneers DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches (15-17) on the Kansas City Chiefs.
- WR Michael Floyd (2012-16) and S D.J. Swearinger Sr. (15-16) played with Buccaneers K Chandler Catanzaro (14-16) on the Arizona Cardinals. Buccaneers Defensive Line Coach Brenston Buckner worked there from 2013-17 and served as Defensive Line Coach.
- Swearinger Sr. (2013-14) played with Buccaneers QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (14) on the Houston Texans.
- K Dustin Hopkins (14) and T Ty Nsekhe (2014) played with Buccaneers QB Ryan Griffin (13-14) on the New Orleans Saints.
- CB Josh Norman (2012-15) played with Buccaneers LB Adarius Taylor (14) on the Carolina Panthers.
- RB Adrian Peterson (2017) played with Buccaneers CB De'Vante Harris (16-17) on the New Orleans Saints.
- Peterson (17) played for the Arizona Cardinals when Buccaneers Defensive Line Coach Brentson Buckner (13-17) worked there. Buckner served as Defensive Line Coach.
- WR Brian Quick (2012-16) played with Buccaneers LB Cameron Lynch (15) on the St. Louis/LA Rams.
- LB Zach Vigil (2015-16) played on the Miami Dolphins when Buccaneers CB Brent Grimes (13-15), Defensive Coordinator Mark Duffner (14-15) and Defensive Assistant Danny Breyer (15) were all members of the team. Duffner served as Linebackers Coach and Breyer as a Coaching Assistant.
Notable Collegiate Connections:
- Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach Bill Callahan and Running Backs Coach Randy Jordan worked with Buccaneers Head Strength & Conditioning Coach Dave Kennedy from 2004-07 at Nebraska. Callahan served as Head Coach, Jordan as Running Backs Coach and Kennedy as Head Strength Coach.
- Jordan (2008-11) also worked with Buccaneers Dave Kennedy (08-12) at Texas A&M. S Deshazor Everett (11-14) and Buccaneers WR Mike Evans (11-13) played there. Jordan served as Running Backs Coach and Kennedy as Head Strength Coach.
- Director of Player Development Malcolm Blacken (2012-13) worked with Buccaneers Assistant to the Head Coach Anthony Perkins (12) at Colorado. WR Paul Richardson Jr. played there from 2010-13. Blacken served as Director of Speed, Strength & Conditioning and Perkins as a Technical Intern.
- DL Jonathan Allen (13-16), LB Ryan Anderson (13-16), S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (11-13), LB Shaun Dion Hamilton (14-17) and DL Daron Payne (15-17) played with Buccaneers TE O.J. Howard (13-16) at Alabama.
- WR Jamison Crowder (2011-14) played with Buccaneers RB Shaun Wilson (14-17) at Duke.
- C Casey Dunn (2017) played with Buccaneers CB Carlton Davis (15-17) at Auburn.
- WR Maurice Harris (2012-15) played at California when Buccaneers Offensive Quality Control Coach Ben Steele (11-12) worked there. Steele served as an Offensive Administrative Assistant.
- G Shawn Lauvao (2006-09) played at Arizona State when Buccaneers Head Coach Dirk Koetter (01-06) worked there. Koetter served as Head Coach.
- CB Fabian Moreau (2012-16) played with Buccaneers OL Caleb Benenoch (12-15) at UCLA.
- S Montae Nicholson (2014-16) played with Buccaneers LB Riley Bullough (13-16) at Michigan State.
- RB Samaje Perine (2014-16) played with Buccaneers LB Devante Bond (14-15) at Oklahoma.
- RB Adrian Peterson (2004-06), T Trent Williams (06-09) and P Tress Way (08-12) played with Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy (06-09) at Oklahoma.
- LS Nick Sundberg (2005-08) played with Buccaneers WR DeSean Jackson (05-07) at California.