"Washington-Vikings Monday Stats Pack" is presented by BDO by the Numbers. People who know, know BDO.
A list of stats and notes from the Washington Commanders' 20-17 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, presented by BDO by the Numbers, as compiled by Washington Commanders Public Relations.
- The Washington Commanders fell to the Minnesota Vikings, 20-17 at FedExField on Sunday afternoon.
- Washington held Minnesota to a season-tying low seven first half points.
- Washington held Minnesota to their second-lowest total points in a single game this season. The also held the club to 56 rushing yards, Minnesota's lowest this season.
- Washington recorded a season-high-tying seven passes defensed.
- Quarterback Taylor Heinicke completed 15-of-28 passes for 149 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. He added four rushes for 17 yards.
- Wide Receiver Terry McLaurin had five receptions for 56 yards.
- Wide Receiver Curtis Samuel had three receptions for 65 yards including a 49-yard touchdown reception, his longest since Week 17 of 2018 with Carolina. He added one rush for 16 yards.
- Wide Receiver Dax Milne had one reception for six yards and a touchdown, the first of his career.
- Running Back Antonio Gibson had 11 rushes for 36 yards and added two receptions for 11 yards.
- Running Back Brian Robinson Jr. had 13 rushes for 44 yards.
DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS
- Safety Kamren Curl had a career-high-tying two tackles for loss and 11 total tackles.
- Defensive Tackle Daron Payne had 1.0 sack, two quarterback hits and four tackles for loss. The sack was Payne's 5.5 on the season, a new single-season career-high. His four tackles for loss are single-game career high.
- Payne is the 11th player in franchise history to have at least four tackles for loss in a single game.
- Defensive Tackle Jonathan Allen had a single game career-high four quarterback hits and two tackles for loss. Allen has two or more quarterback hits in two-straight games for the first time in his career.
- Defensive End Montez Sweat had three quarterback hits.
- Linebacker Jamin Davis has at least one tackle for loss in three-straight games for the first time in his career.
- Cornerback Benjamin St-Juste had two passes defensed, one tackle for loss, one quarterback hit and a sack, the first of his career.
- Punter Tress Way punted five times for 240 yards with an average of 48.0 and three pinned inside the 20.
- Way has pinned at least two punts inside the 20 in six consecutive games, the second-longest streak of his career.
- Way has pinned 226 punts inside the 20. Since his NFL debut in 2014, he is one-of-four punters to have at least 220 punts inside the 20, joining Johnny Hekker, Brett Kern and Sam Koch.
The Washington Commanders have begun their Week 9 game against the Minnesota Vikings. (Emilee Fails and Kourtney Carroll/Washington Commanders)
|Charles Leno Jr.||64||100%|