The Washington Commanders will have nine home games as part of the 2022 schedule, and Commanders.com will be breaking down each contest ahead of the release on NFL Network at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday. Here's everything you need to know about the Atlanta Falcons:
Sign up HERE for tickets to the Commanders' home game against the Falcons.
Sign up HERE to be notified first when the 2022 schedule is released and receive a link to access tickets with no fees for 48 hours.
- Washington leads the regular season series, 15-10-1.
- Washington will host Atlanta for just the second time in nine years.
- Washington has played Atlanta once in the playoff. The matchup came in 1992, when Washington upended Atlanta, 24-7, on its way to a Super Bowl victory 22 days later.
- Washington was 5-0-1 against Atlanta from 1966-77, including a 10-6 win in Week 2 of the 1977 season.
- Washington claimed its first victory against Atlanta in 18 years during the 2021 season, when Taylor Heinicke led the team to a 34-30 win.
- Memorable moment: Nov. 10, 1991: Mark Rypien threw for 442 yards and six touchdowns in a dominant 56-17 win over Atlanta.
In preparation for the Washington Commanders' 2022 season, here's a look at what the quarterbacks for each opponent, in no particular order, did during the 2021 season.
TEAM LEADERS (2021)
- Passing Yards -- QB Matt Ryan (3,968)
- Passing TDs -- QB Matt Ryan (20)
- Rushing Yards -- RB Cordarrelle Patterson (618)
- Rushing TDs -- RB Cordarrelle Patterson (6)
- Receiving Yards -- TE Kyle Pitts (1,026)
- Receiving TDs – RB Cordarrelle Patterson (5)
- Tackles -- LB Foye Oluokun (192)
- Sacks -- DE Dante Fowler Jr. (4.5)
- Interceptions -- LB Foye Oluokun (3)
- Total offense -- 29th (304.5)
- Scoring offense -- 26th (18.4)
- Passing offense -- 26th (218.4)
- Rushing offense -- 31st (85.4)
- Sacks allowed -- 19th (39)
- Third-down offense -- T-18th (38.9%)
- Total defense -- 26th (364.4)
- Scoring defense -- 29th (27.0)
- Passing defense -- 18th (232.5)
- Rushing defense -- 27th (131.9)
- Sacks -- 32nd (18)
- Third-down defense -- 30th (48.4%)
- Time of possession -- 29th (28:09)
- Turnover differential -- 25th (-6)