The Washington Commanders will have nine home games as part of the 2022 schedule, and Commanders.com will be breaking down each contest ahead of the release on NFL Network at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday. Here's everything you need to know about the Cleveland Browns:
Sign up HERE for tickets to the Commanders' home game against the Browns.
Sign up HERE to be notified first when the 2022 schedule is released and receive a link to access tickets with no fees for 48 hours.
- Washington has won three of the last four matchups with Cleveland, including three straight from 2008-16.
- Washington's first victory against Cleveland came on Sept. 25, 1955, when Eddie LeBaron accounted for three touchdowns in a 27-17 win.
- Washington will host Cleveland for the first time since 2016, when Matt Jones rushed for 117 yards and a touchdown in a 31-20 win.
- Washington and Cleveland have met 47 times, making it the second-most common AFC opponent in franchise history.
- Memorable moment: Oct. 14, 1979: Clarence Harmon caught a 14-yard touchdown pass from Joe Theismann in the fourth quarter to take a 13-9 win.
- Cleveland leads the regular season series, 12-34-1.
TEAM LEADERS (2021)
- Passing Yards -- QB Baker Mayfield (3,010)
- Passing TDs -- QB Baker Mayfield (17)
- Rushing Yards -- RB Nick Chubb (1,259)
- Rushing TDs -- RB Nick Chubb (8)
- Receiving Yards -- WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (597)
- Receiving TDs – TE David Njoku (4)
- Tackles -- LB Anthony Walker (113)
- Sacks -- DE Myles Garrett (16)
- Interceptions -- S John Johnson III (11)
Check out the top shots from the Washington Commanders' three-day rookie minicamp (Emilee Fails/Washington Commanders)
- Total offense – 18th (340.6)
- Scoring offense – 20th (20.5)
- Passing offense – 27th (195.3)
- Rushing offense -- 4th (145.4)
- Sacks allowed – 6th (49)
- Third-down offense -- 17th (39.2%)
- Total defense -- 5th (311.5)
- Scoring defense – 13th (21.8)
- Passing defense -- 5th (202.3)
- Rushing defense -- 12th (109.2)
- Sacks – 9th (43)
- Third-down defense – 13th (39.3%)
- Time of possession -- 9th (30:48)
- Turnover differential – 20th (-3)