REDSKINS PARK AT LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA. --The Washington Redskins and WRC-TV/NBC4 are proud to announce an expanded television broadcast partnership.
The three-year deal names NBC4 as The Official Broadcast Station of The Washington Redskins and provides a full lineup of television programming, including preseason games, weekly pre- and post-game shows, and other expanded opportunities.
Highlights of the deal include:
- Redskins preseason games
- A new one-hour show, airing on Saturday mornings, both during the preseason and the regular season
- A weekly Redskins show on Saturdays at 7 p.m.
- The Jim Zorn Show, featuring the team's Head Coach and airing Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. ET (beginning during the preseason and continuing through the regular football season)
- Redskins Late Night, airing Sunday morning at 1:30 a.m. ET following Saturday Night Live (beginning during the preseason and continuing through the regular football season)
- Redskins Game Plan, airing Sundays at 11:30 a.m. ET (beginning during the preseason and continuing through the regular football season)
- A partnership with the NBC4 Health & Fitness Expo, which will include the Redskins' presence at the 17th annual Expo, 30-minute specials, and additional health-related programming
"The Redskins have an incredible legacy and are one of the region's most celebrated treasures," said Michael Jack, president and general manager of WRC-TV/NBC4. "We think the NBC brand and our No. 1 rated newscasts, combined with the Redskins brand, will be the perfect fit as we look to produce year-round programming."
"NBC4 is clearly the market leader in the D.C. area, and the Redskins are pleased to expand our relationship," said Janice Schmidt, Senior Vice President of The Washington Redskins. "We look forward to the No. 1 television station and the No. 1 sports team in Washington joining forces to bring the nation's No. 1 fans the best coverage of their favorite team."