With the team's practice prep for the Buccaneers complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented byGEICO.
10. "Well they did good. They did alright in the team periods. We did a little bit of one-on-ones and then we did some team periods, tried to get their feet wet. For the most part, I was impressed with the way they handled it mentally. We only had one false start, which is good. One is too many. But with all the snap counts Alex [Smith] uses, it was good. Mixed in some tempos with them and they handled it."
- Jay Gruden, on how the new offensive line played
9. "It was good to get back into the swing of things, I am appreciative of Exos they worked us pretty good, they got me more prepared than I would have been, but I don't think you can ever really prepare for full-go football. This wasn't even in pads yet so, still working. Just be prepared and ready for whatever."
- Jonathan Cooper, on being back on the practice field
8. "We played one last week. They come, that's what it is in the NFC South, receivers galore. Big bodies, you've got the fast ones as well now, they can take the top off of you and then you have the big possession receivers who can do it all. It's the NFC South, that's nothing less than expected from them. They once were the Twin Towers believe it or not, when they had [Vincent] Jackson out there, Action Jackson, so yeah it's going to be a challenge for us. Every week is, you've just got to rise up to it and accept it and make something of it."
- Josh Norman, on Tampa's receivers being best in the league
7. "I think there were some good things to definitely build on that we did in the pass game. I certainly felt really comfortable back there with a lot of things that we were doing. I think, yeah, there are some things to take from that, that hopefully we can build moving forward. I think that's what you try to do with that. Certainly, you learn from the mistakes and things you did wrong individually and as a group. But yeah, I do think there was plenty to build on for sure."
- Alex Smith, on his performance last Sunday
6. "Yeah I mean it would be nice to score some points on defense, you know that's something that we talk about all the time. But, I'll be happy with the win. At the end of the day no matter what we have to do to win the game, if we have to go score 14 points on defense that's the goal. Whatever we've got to do we're going to do whatever we have to to win."
- Mason Foster, on the defense needing to score points
5. "All I could think about was last year. It's the NFL, obviously I knew something was wrong when I saw Brandon Scherff on the jumbotron out, obviously the guy plays through just about everything, just like everybody in this locker room. But also, it takes a toll. You can't replace guys like that. You can't replace Shawn, the veteran leadership that he brings. You can't replace the toughness and the edge and the consistency that Brandon brings, so I know coach Callahan will prepare us as well as we can and we'll go out there on Sunday and get this win."
- Morgan Moses, on the injuries to the offensive line
4. "It happens sometimes. They get those receivers like that, get them in space, they have a good plan, a lot of those rub routes and things like that, you know the referees aren't calling things like that against an offense like that. At the end of the day you just get off the field, get pressure on them and things will be alright."
- Mason Foster, on the failing on third down
3. "Well there is a lot of pick routes going on in the league. Sometimes they are a little bit beyond two yards or one yard that they say and not everybody catches those. We got a couple of calls with one or two last week, but I'm just saying it's where you have to balance. If the team's doing it, you've got to make sure you get in a situation where you are playing a little bit of zone then man. We'll go back and forth based upon the down and distance. It's huge nowadays, they give you one yard, which they fudged about two or three, but we'll see."
- Greg Manusky, on defending pick routes
2. "It's always a good time when you can get challenged by a quarterback and Fitzryan is no stranger to that. He's definitely going to give us some opportunities, it's just are we going to be in the place to make them? I look forward to it and I look forward to what he can do for his offense and let's see what kind of matchup we can get."
- Josh Norman, on the Ryan Fitzpatrick
1. "You just got to stay positive and keep pressing, it's not the end of the world, it's not the end of the season for us, guys will step up, we all have to perform better and that's the mindset that I have. It's not like last week, 'Oh I'm not going to perform at a different level,' but it's just something different when you lose three starters, how your mindset kind of shifts, I just got to do more than I was doing before."
- Adrian Peterson, on the Redskins' new offensive linemen