Here's a morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Commanders on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2022. All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Commanders.
The reports and deals expressed in this article have not been confirmed by Washington, nor do they reflect any insider information from anyone in the front office.
- The Washington Times' Matthew Paras writes about Damar Hamlin's traumatic injury on Monday Night Football.
- ESPN's John Keim reports on the latest news surrounding Washington's quarterback situation.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig provides the latest news on Washington's quarterback situation.
- USA Today's Bryan Manning looks at the top offensive PFF grades for the Commanders in Week 17.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier and Tramel Raggs write about Washington's Week 17 loss to the Browns.
- The Washington Post's Candace Buckner gives her perspective on the decision to start Carson Wentz.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports on the Commanders' loss to the Browns.
- The Washington Post's Scott Allen gives his four takeaways from Week 17.
- The Washington Times' Matthew Paras writes about how the defensive injuries played a role in the Commanders' loss.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about the Commanders being eliminated from playoff contention.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux also reports on the Commanders announcing Major Tuddy as the team's official mascot.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig gives his opinion on the Commanders' season as a whole.