Take a look at some of the key dates for the Washington Redskins over the next few months leading up to the 2018 NFL Draft which will take place in Arlington, Texas.
The next few months will be important to the Washington Redskins as they determine how to build the best roster for the 2018 season and beyond.
Later this month, three different games will take place with NFL Draft prospects looking to either cement their status as a first-round pick or move up draft boards.
With that in mind, here's some of the key dates you should know over the next few months courtesy NFL Ops:
- Jan. 15: Deadline for college players who are underclassmen to apply for special eligibility.
- Jan. 20: East-West Shrine Game, Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Jan. 20: NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Rose Bowl, Pasadena, Calif.
- Jan. 27: Senior Bowl, Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Ala.
- Feb. 5: Waiver system begins for the 2018 season.
- Feb. 20: First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
- Feb. 27-March 5: NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis.
- March 6: Prior to 4:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
- March 12-14: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on March 14.
- March 14: The 2018 league year and free agency period begins at 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, when all 2017 player contracts expire and the trading period for 2018 begins.
- March 25-28: Annual League Meeting, Orlando.
- April 20: Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.
- April 26-28: 2018 NFL Draft, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas.