With the team's practice prep for the Chargers complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
10."Just looking forwards towards my goals and my dreams and focusing on that stuff and not just all of the negative going on right now. Also, just being appreciative of all the blessing that God blessed me with and my two daughters and my family, I get to see them every day. So, it's still a blessing to wake up and be a part of the Redskins. I'm going to keep working hard and keep doing what I can do."
* - Tight end Jordan Reed, on what helps him stay positive*
9.** "It was definitely exciting. I mean, anytime that you can take one step closer to your dream and be able to see the hard work that you put in coming to fruition is definitely exciting."
* - Wide receiver Robert Davis, on making the active roster*
8. "I don't have any doubts. I feel like as guys, we're professional and we know what's at stake and we know what position we're in. Everybody here loves ball, so I feel like we're going to go out there and do what we've got to do in these last four games."
* - Cornerback Bashaud Breeland, on finishing the season on a high note*
7. "My goal is to spoil everybody. I mean, despite if you are 15-0 or on the verge of trying to make the playoffs. That's our goal every week is try to spoil everybody and stuff like that. So, I guess it is what it is coming up this week, just going to go out there and play and start practice with today and go out there and do what we can and come to see Sunday."
* - Defensive lineman Ziggy Hood, on if he is trying to play spoiler to the Chargers and their playoff pursuit*
6.** "It could. Hopefully that's not the only reason they play hard. They're going to play hard because they want to win and want to do well. That's the reason that they're all here. We try to target guys that love football, are passionate about the game and are going to play hard no matter what. For the most part, I feel like we've got that here. So, whether you are on one year left or five years left, doesn't really matter. You've got to go out and play and compete and try to beat a very good Charger team."
* - Head coach Jay Gruden, on* if expiring contracts will play a factor in the competitiveness of the players
5. "We've just got to stay consistent. There's going to be adversity throughout the game, that's one thing that we've got to understand as a defense. When adversity hits, we've got to stay poised, stay calm, stay doing what we're doing, and we'll be fine. When adversity hit last week, we kind of scrambled and things got away. This week, we've just got to build on staying poised when adversity strikes, and we'll be better for the long run."
* - Safety D.J. Swearinger, on staying consistent on defense*
4. "I think I've learned through my senior year of high school playing that season without a scholarship offer and knowing that I needed to play well to earn an opportunity to play in college, and then my senior year of college, knowing that I wasn't a dynamite first-round pick, so I was going to need to play well my senior year to earn that opportunity, and then being on one-year deals multiple times now in my professional career, I've learned that the best way to take care of the future is to focus entirely on the present and to be process-focused and not outcome-focused."
* - Quarterback Trent Williams, on how much he lets his mind drift toward his future*
3.** "When I say there's a lot to play for, I mean we play for each other, we play for the organization, we play for the name. The name. Washington Redskins. I mean, there's so much embedded in what we created as a team and as a group. We just want to make sure that the continuity is still there within the team, the synergy that you need to win games, and make sure it's all there together. We can only do it as one, staying together, being as one and winning games."
* - Tight end Vernon Davis, on what the younger players have to learn about playing in a lost season*
2."Something that my father instilled in all of us is striving to be the best. You only play the games if you want to be great, you want to be considered the best. So, that's what every guy in this locker room is trying to do."
* - Cornerback Jonathan Allen on what is motivating him right now*
1. "It shouldn't be a question about the drive at all. I mean, if you're going to play this game, you're going to play this game. When you step on the field, you should always play to win. You always should step on the field to win, you should never think you're going to lose when you step on the field. If you're stepping on that field thinking you're going to lose, then there's no point in you stepping on that field or being on that team. So, for me, my confidence is always at an all-time high. I'm going to keep doing what I have to do, because if I don't, then it'll probably be worse."
* - Linebacker Zach Brown, on staying motivated*
*Top Top 10 Quotes is presented by GEICO, 15 minutes can save you more than 15% on car insurance.