With the team's practice prep for the Cardinals complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO.
10. "We have a good group of guys that are here on this team. Tomorrow and next year, you don't know if they're going to be here, so you might as well enjoy these moments and play with passion and play for the love of the game."
* - Tight end Vernon Davis, on forgetting about the past*
- **"Obviously, I've gotten to know Nick [Rose] since he's been here and I wish him nothing but the best, but at the same time, obviously you want to keep your job and I really- I enjoy it here, Tress [Way] and Nick [Sundberg] have done an awesome job for me my whole entire time here and I love this locker room. So, it's a weird dichotomy knowing that- wanting a guy to do well, but also wanting to keep you job, for sure."
* - Kicker Dustin Hopkins, on navigating the circumstances of his return from injury*
8."We understand that guys aren't going to take it easy on us, because we've got guys hurt or we're in a slump or we're not 100 percent healthy or we not playing playing for [anything] – we're always playing for something. You've got to play for pride at the end of the day, because if you don't in this league – if anybody on that other sideline senses a weakness, they're going to exploit it."
* - Safety DeAngelo Hall, on staying motivated*
7."We didn't spend all week last week playing checkers. I mean, we have a lot of meeting time, a lot of practice time, a lot of walkthroughs. They have iPads. They are prepared. They are mentally prepared, physically prepared, they should be. They have a weight room in here, plenty of water to drink. We just didn't go out there and perform in a way we would like to have. And a lot of that has to be… give credit to the Chargers, too."
* - Head coach Jay Gruden, on the team's preparation last week*
- **"I'm finally with a coach, coach [Randy] Jordan, a coach that believes in the guys. I'm happy that he believes in me. I have talks with him every single day and we're able to laugh and joke, but at the same time, I know what I've got to do, I know what I've got to do in these third downs and every single one of these touches to show them that I'm the guy going forward."
* - Running back Kapri Bibbs, on how he's adjusted to the Redskins*
5."You need to just move forward and not allow anything emotionally to linger and that's where we talk about being mentally and emotionally tough. Mentally and emotionally tough people are able to do that. It's human nature to kind of let stuff linger or get yourself in a pattern that's negative and we can't just do that. We have to rise above it and I think that is why we are professionals is because we have to be able to do that and it is not easy."
* - Quarterback Trent Williams, on how the team moves on from the Chargers game*
4. "Walkthroughs, walkthroughs, walkthroughs, walkthroughs. And keep on just repetition of going through the calls that we have and having those players see it during practice. Jay gives us enough time during the meeting time and also during the walkthroughs. We actually go out early before practice to get through walkthrough sessions."
* - Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, on how he reiterates the importance of communication*
- **"It's our job to make sure that everybody's positive and moving on. We cannot – cannot – dwell on the past of the last two games. We can't. You're going to wallow in it and you're going to continue to suffer. We've got to move on and we will."
* - Head coach Jay Gruden, on the team's mental state*
2."It means a lot, I can't wait to play these guys, they're my brothers, did a lot of hard work, won a lot of games with these guys. It was unfortunate that they let me go, but we'll handle that on Sunday."
* - Safety D.J. Swearinger, on playing his former teammates on Sunday*
1."What are you going to do, lie down and let them do it or are you going to come out fighting? That's pretty much what it comes down to. If you let a guy run over you, then let it happen and see what type of person you are, or else you're going to bull up and fight back. It's pretty simple. This game is simple. It's your will over the next man's. If he beats you, then guess what? You've got to go back to the drawing board and try to figure it out."
* - Cornerback Josh Norman, on continuing to fight through adversity *
*Top Top 10 Quotes is presented by GEICO, 15 minutes can save you more than 15% on car insurance.