A list of stats and notes from the Washington Redskins' Week 14 matchup with the Los Angeles Chargers that took place at the Stubhub Center in Carson, Calif.
"Redskins-Chargers Monday Stats Pack" is presented by BDO by the Numbers. People who know, know BDO.
- The Washington Redskins fell to the Los Angeles Chargers, 30-13, in front of an announced crowd of 25,393 people at StubHub Center on Sunday. [
- The game was the first between the Redskins and Chargers since the Chargers' relocation to Los Angeles.
- The Redskins are now 7-4 against the Chargers all-time.
- The Redskins extended their streak of consecutive games with a touchdown to 49 straight games (including postseason play), adding to the fourth-longest streak in team history. Washington's 49-game touchdown streak is the third-longest active streak in the NFL.
- The game was the Redskins' first loss to a team from the Pacific Time Zone this season. The Redskins will finish the 2017 regular season with a 4-1 record against teams from the Pacific Time Zone, including home wins against the Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers and road wins against the Los Angeles Rams and Seattle Seahawks.
- Quarterback Trent Williams completed 15-of-27 passes for 151 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
Cousinsstarted his 45th consecutive regular season game for the Redskins, adding to the second-longest streak by a Redskins quarterback since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, trailing only Joe Theismann (60 from 1980-84). * **Cousinshas now completed 290 passes this season, moving past Sonny Jurgensen (288 in 1967) for seventh-most pass completions in a single season in team history. Cousins now holds three of the top seven spots on the team's all-time leaderboard for completions in a single season. * In the second quarter,Cousinscompleted a 23-yard touchdown pass to tight endVernon Davis. * On the reception,Davispassed Kellen Winslow (541) for the 10th-most career receptions by a tight end in NFL history, accomplishing the feat against the team for whom Winslow played his entire nine-year career. * The touchdown pass wasCousins'22nd of the season and 94th of his career. * The touchdown reception wasDavis'second of the season and first since Week 3 vs. Oakland. * Davis pushed his career total in touchdown receptions to 59, pulling him within one touchdown reception of Redskins legend Jerry Smith (60) for the seventh-most career touchdowns by a tight end in NFL history.
- Cornerback Bashaud Breelandrecorded a 96-yard interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.
The interception return touchdown was the first of Breeland's career. * The defensive touchdown by Breelandwas the Redskins' second of the season and their first since linebacker Ryan Kerrigan's 24-yard interception return for touchdown in Week 1 vs. Philadelphia. * The 96-yard interception return by Breeland was the second-longest in team history, trailing only a 100-yard interception return touchdown by Barry Wilburn against the Vikings on Dec. 26, 1987. * Breeland's 96-yard interception return was the first interception return of at least 90 yards by the Redskins since then-cornerback DeAngelo Hall scored on a 92-yard interception return at Chicago on Oct. 24, 2010. * The interception was Breeland's seventh of his career and his first of the season. It was his first interception since a two-interception performance at Chicago in Week 16 of the 2016 season. * Breeland recorded a 35-yard kickoff return in the second quarter, a career-long for Breeland and the longest by a member of the Redskins this season. * Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan started his 109th consecutive regular season game, the longest active streak among active NFL linebackers. Kerrigan has not missed a start in his NFL career. * Defensive lineman Anthony Lanier II recorded his third sack of the season in the second quarter. He has recorded a sack in three of the team's last four contests, dating back to Week 11. * Defensive lineman Matt Ioannidis pushed his single-season career high in sacks this year to 4.5 with a sack in the second-quarter. The sack was his first since Week 6 vs. San Francisco. * Safety Deshazor Everett led the Redskins with a career-high 11 tackles (six solo).
- Punter Tress Waytied his career high and season high with eight punts.
- Way had three punts downed inside the 20 and has recorded at least three punts downed inside the 20 in each of the team's last three games. The streak is the Redskins' longest stretch of games with three or more punts downed inside the 20 since a four-game streak in Weeks 7-11 of the 1998 season.
- Way pushed his single-season career high in punts downed inside the 20 this year to 26.
- Way's 26 punts downed inside the 20 this season are tied with Sav Rocca (26 in 2013) for 10th-most by a Redskins punter in records dating back to 1976.
- The Redskins recorded season highs in kickoff returns (six) and kickoff return yards (128).
- Breeland recorded 88 yards on kickoff returns, the most by a member of the Redskins since Week 13 of the 2015 season (Rashad Ross, 117 vs. Dallas).