A list of stats and notes from the Washington Redskins' Week 7 matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles that took place at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
"Redskins-Eagles Tuesday Stats Pack" is presented by BDO by the Numbers. People who know, know BDO.
- The Washington Redskins fell to the Philadelphia Eagles, 34-24, in front of an announced crowd of 69,596 people at Lincoln Financial Field on Monday. [
- The Redskins now sit at 3-3 this season.
- The Redskins gained 344 yards of offense. The Redskins have now hit the 325-yard mark on offense in five straight games for the first time since a 10-game stretch in Weeks 6-16 of the 2016 season.
- The Redskins reached 300 yards of offense for a fifth consecutive game.
- The Redskins held the Eagles scoreless in the first quarter. The Eagles entered the game leading the NFL with a 38 scoring differential in the first quarter.
- The Redskins made their second of two appearances on ESPN's Monday Night Football in 2017. The 2017 season marks the 24th time that the Redskins have made multiple appearances on Monday Night Football since the program's inception in 1970.
- The Redskins logged their 70th all-time appearance on Monday Night Football since 1970. The appearance tied the Redskins with the Denver Broncos for fourth-most by any team in the program's history.
- The Redskins and Eagles faced one another on Monday Night Football for the ninth time in series history.
- Head Coach Jay Gruden issued his first replay challenge of the season in the second quarter. Gruden and the Redskins' successfully challenged the call, ruling the receiver down by contact.
- Quarterback Trent Williamscompleted 30-of-40 passes for 303 yards with three touchdowns and one interception for a passer rating of 110.7.
Cousinsalso rushed for 18 yards, pushing his single-season career-high in rushing yards to 121 this year. * *Cousinsadded to his team record for career 300-yard passing games (22, including 21 in regular season play). * Cousinshas now thrown for 300 yards in consecutive games for the first time since Weeks 11-12 of the 2016 season. * Cousinshas now finished four consecutive games with a passer rating of 100.0 or better for the first time since a six-game regular season streak in Weeks 12-17 of the 2015 season. * Cousinshas now thrown multiple touchdown passes in four consecutive games for the first time since Weeks 8-12 of the 2016 season. * Cousins'30 completions were a season high, and his 40 attempts were his most since Week 15 of the 2016 season vs. Carolina. * Cousinsstarted his 38th consecutive regular season game for the Redskins, already the third-longest streak by a Redskins quarterback since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger behind Joe Theismann (60 from 1980-84) and Mark Rypien (41 from 1990-93). * Tight endJordan Reedposted season highs in receptions (eight) and receiving yards (64) and tied his career high with two receiving touchdowns. * Reedrecorded his first touchdown reception of the season in the third quarter on a five-yard touchdown pass from Cousins. He later added another score on a 12-yard pass fromCousinsin the second quarter. * With his two touchdowns,Reed(22) passed Jean Fugett (21) for third-most career receiving touchdowns by a tight end in Redskins history. He now trails only Jerry Smith (60) and Chris Cooley (33) among tight ends in team history. * The second touchdown reception wasReed's19th since the start of the 2015 season, surpassing Cincinnati's Tyler Eifert and New England's Rob Gronkowski (18 each) for the most by any NFL tight end in that time frame. * The multi-touchdown game wasReed'sfirst since Week 12 of the 2016 season at Dallas. * Reed now has seven career games with multiple touchdown receptions, one shy of Gary Clark for fifth-most by a member of the Redskins since 1960. * Running backChris Thompson *rushed for a team-high 38 yards on seven carries and added five receptions for 26 yards with a receiving touchdown. * With the receiving performance,Thompson(366) broke his single-season career high in receiving yards (349 in 2016). * *Thompsonscored the game's first touchdown on a seven-yard pass from Cousins in the second quarter. * The score wasThompson'sthird touchdown reception of the season, breaking his current single-season career high (two each in the 2015-17 seasons). * Thompsonbecame the first Redskins back to catch at least three touchdown passes in a season since fullback Mike Sellers (seven) in 2005. * The passing touchdown to Thompson wasCousins' *10th passing touchdown of the season. Cousins became the seventh Redskins quarterback to record at least four consecutive 10-touchdown passing seasons, joining Sonny Jurgensen (seven, 1964-70), Joe Theismann (seven, 1978-84), Billy Kilmer (six, 1971-76), Mark Rypien (five, 1988-92), Jason Campbell (four, 2006-09) and Sammy Baugh (four, twice, 1940-43 and 1947-50). * *Cousinshas thrown a touchdown pass in every game this season and has now thrown a touchdown pass in eight consecutive games, dating back to last season. * Tight endVernon Davis *recorded four receptions for 67 yards. * **Davisrecorded a 31-yard reception in the first quarter, giving him a catch of 30 or more yards in three straight games for the first time since Weeks 11-13 of the 2009 season as a member of the San Francisco 49ers. * Tight endNiles Paulcaught a 32-yard pass in the first quarter, his longest reception since a 50-yard gain in Week 7 of the 2014 season vs. Tennessee. * Wide receiverJosh Doctson recorded a career-high three receptions, gaining 39 yards.
- Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan started his 102nd consecutive regular season game, the longest active streak among active NFL linebackers. Kerrigan has not missed a start in his NFL career.
Kerriganand linebackerJunior Galettesplit a sack in the first quarter. * **Kerrigannow has 10.5 career sacks against the Eagles, his most against any opponent. * LinebackersMason FosterandZach Brownsplit a second-quarter sack, each player's first half-sack of the year. * Brown'shalf-sack was his first as member of the Redskins. * Brownlater added a full sack and his first forced fumble in the second quarter. The forced fumble was Brown's first since Week 4 of the 2016 season as a member of the Buffalo Bills. * The multi-sack game wasBrown'sfirst since Week 1 of the 2013 season as a member of the Tennessee Titans. * The Redskins have now recorded a sack in a 30 consecutive regular season games, dating back to 2015. With Cincinnati's 34-game sack streak getting snapped in Week 7, Washington's active streak of 30 games is now the longest in the NFL. * With a sack in their 30th consecutive regular season game, the Redskins tied for the second-longest sack streak in team history since the NFL adopted sacks as an official statistic in 1982 (Weeks 15 in 2008 through Week 12 in 2010). * The Redskins finished the game with three sacks and have now posted three or more sacks in four consecutive games for the first time since a five-game stretch in Weeks 5-10 of the 2016 season. * CornerbackQuinton Dunbarrecorded his first interception of the season – the third of his career – on the Eagles' first possession, picking off Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz. * All three ofDunbar'scareer interceptions have come in NFC East play. * Dunbar's interception gave the Redskins an interception on an opponent's opening drive for the second time this season (Week 3, Montae Nicholson vs. Oakland).
- Kicker Nick Rose made his NFL debut and converted his first career field goal attempt, a 27-yarder on the Redskins' opening drive.
- With Rose's opening drive field goal, the Redskins have now recorded points on their initial possession of five consecutive games for the first time in records dating back to 1999.