With the team's practice prep for the Vikings complete, here's a list of the best quotes of the week, as compiled by Redskins.com, presented by GEICO. 10."Aw man, I was super impressed. You know, that guy, heck, what can you say about him? He just works so much, he works so hard. You saw him when he was down there all the time on the sides just working and then he comes in there like he picked up where he left off and he even got a little better with it. It's amazing, because, that's the OG, so you've got to look at it as 'Man, the guy came in here after that many years in the league.' It's impressive to see him going in there and just playing good football."
* - Josh Norman, on DeAngelo Hall's return to the field*
9.**"Kirk and our offensive line. We've had to make a lot of changes up front, and those guys, they've been coming in and not having any NFL experience and trying to do the best that they could. And then Kirk, as running backs, with the offensive line, we haven't done a good enough job protecting him and he's continually stayed in the pocket and made plays for us to win these games and put us in situations to win games."
* - Chris Thompson, on who the Redskins' first half MVP should be*
8."I think situational football is really big with him overall with getting the team together. I think that's the biggest thing, you know? I believe in that as well. I think as a coach, I think you play for the coach and you play for the other players around you and I think that's what we're doing. We're playing together as a unit and that's what we've got to do and that's what Jay preaches."
* - Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, on working with head coach Jay Gruden*
7."It's huge. To have a balanced attack is everything. We want run the ball well to help our passing game and I think we're going to need that in order to win this game, because they have a very good defense, so we've got to bring it all."
* - Center Spencer Long, on reestablishing the running game*
- **"It's beating hard right now. That's the main thing. As long as we keep the energy keeping up, we're going to do pretty good. Let's see how we do this week and then go from there."
* - Defensive lineman Ziggy Hood, on the heart of the team*
5."Just our mindset, just the way we push each other, always competing and always trying to be perfect, always pushing each other to be great. That's something we carry with us in the meeting room and on the field. We just hold each other to a certain standard."
* - Cornerback Jonathan Allen, on what's different about this secondary compared to last year*
4. "I kind of knew I would be returning punts, because we knew [Jamison] Crowder was a little banged up and I think I did too good a job in practice catching them, I joked around, saying 'Man, I made it look too easy,' because I don't think I should have been the first guy up. But, at the end of the day, the coaches were like 'Look, we know you're going to catch the ball, so just catch the ball, get something if you can, if you can't, fair catch it."
* - DeAngelo Hall, on returning punts against Seattle (via ESPN980 interview)*
- **"I think it is a player makeup thing. I think you add some tough-minded guys and guys that we have kept here, the reason they're here, not only they are talented but they have great makeup for pro football. They're mentally tough, physically tough so that's the type of guys we want to keep here. The veteran core leadership guys are here for that reason, and then the guys we added like D.J. [Swearinger] and Zach Brown and Josh Norman a couple years ago, obviously Terrell McClain, those guys have been great adds for us. They fit right in and provide solid leadership also and never quit and never say die type attitude, which is good. You have got to have that in pro football."
* - Head coach Jay Gruden, on the team's resilience and where it comes from*
2."I've learned to ignore the noise on the outside and just focus on the process. And I'll be the first one to say that the process against Seattle by no means was perfect. I felt like there were a lot of mistakes. Maybe it never had to come down to a two-minute drill if we had been better through the first three-and-a-half quarters. Was it a great finish? Yes. Did we show a lot of character? Yes. Did I love the resiliency? Is that a game I'll remember? Yes. But, I don't like to get too outcome-focused and I feel, on the outside, I feel that happening after this game and that's OK, on the outside. My concern is in the locker room, in our organization, making sure that we don't allow that to creep in."
* - Quarterback Trent Williams, on how he stays in the moment*
1. "When we come here, our crowd is our friend...I look at it as 'Man, I'm back at home, coming out here and giving these guys something to cheer for.' You know, all that money to sit in that seat, I'm going to give them a show. And that's what we've tried to come out here and do every time, give them something to go back home and talk about when they go to work on Monday."
* - Josh Norman, on the energy at FedExField*
*Top Top 10 Quotes is presented by GEICO, 15 minutes can save you more than 15% on car insurance.