Here's a morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Commanders on Friday, Jan. 6, 2022. All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Commanders.
The reports and deals expressed in this article have not been confirmed by Washington, nor do they reflect any insider information from anyone in the front office.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier writes about the Commanders playing their young players in Week 18.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux write about Scott Turner and Jack Del Rio's optimism for the future.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes about Curtis Samuel and Charles Leno Jr. intending to get something out of the Cowboys game.
- The Washington Times' Matthew Paras writes about how Montez Sweat learned to cope with death of his brother and mother.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig provides an introspective look at the Commanders' season.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports on the Commanders' decision to start Sam Howell.
- The Washington Times' Jacob Calvin Meyer writes about five things to know about Sam Howell.
- The Washington Times' Matthew Paras writes about the Commanders using the season finale as a chance to evaluate Sam Howell.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes about the Commanders being shaken up by Damar Hamlin's collapse.
- NBC Sports Washington's Bijan Todd provides some insight on Sam Howell.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig writes about the Commanders preparing for the future by evaluating Sam Howell.
- The Washington Times' Matthew Paras writes about Damar Hamlin's traumatic injury on Monday Night Football.
- ESPN's John Keim reports on the latest news surrounding Washington's quarterback situation.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig provides the latest news on Washington's quarterback situation.
Check Out What's On Commanders.com:
- Sam Howell ready to compete after development 'has come a long way'
- Commanders offer their support to Bills safety Damar Hamlin
- Sam Howell named Commanders starting quarterback for season finale
- From the booth | Sonny's legacy
- The Players' Post | Charles Leno Jr.
- 5 takeaways from Washingtons' Week 17 loss to Cleveland
- Instant Analysis | Commanders drop third straight with loss to Cleveland
The Washington Commanders continued their work to get ready for their final game of the season against the Dallas Cowboys. Check out the top photos from the afternoon. Photos by Emilee Fails and Kourtney Carroll/Washington Commanders