Here's a morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Commanders on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2022. All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Commanders.
The reports and deals expressed in this article have not been confirmed by Washington, nor do they reflect any insider information from anyone in the front office.
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch's Michael Phillips writes about the gratitude Carson Wentz has for his time in Philly.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about Carson Wentz's "excitement" in facing the Eagles.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports on the Commanders placing Chase Roullier on IR.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala also looks at the Commanders' defensive miscues.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes about Rivera's thoughts on Jahan Dotson being an example of top-notch drafting.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey also answers questions from his mailbag.
- NBC Sports Washington's Bijan Todd looks Jonathan Allen's comments about Jalen Hurts.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig opens his notebook on a variety of Commanders topics.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux looks at the Commanders plan for filling an injured Chase Roullier's place.
- The Washington Times' Matthew Paras writes about the six explosive plays that hurt the Commanders.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier looks at the offensive line during the Commanders' Week 2 loss.
- The Washington Post's Barry Svrluga gives his opinion on the Commanders' defense.
Check Out What's On Commanders.com:
- Practice report | Carson Wentz appreciates his time in Philly but has team-first focus in Week 3
- Hail Mail | Updates on Kam Curl, Brian Robinson and more
- Commanders vs. Eagles preview | An early division matchup
- 'A team guy right to the end': Reflecting on the legacy of Washington Legend Jerry Smith ahead of Pride Night Out
- From the booth | I'd rather circle the wagons now
- Commanders looking for consistency after roller coaster start to the season
- Numbers to know from Washington's Week 2 loss to Detroit
- Commanders-Lions Stats & Snaps
- 5 takeaways from Washington's Week 2 loss to Detroit
- Instant Analysis | Commanders sputter in first half, fall to Lions in 36-27 defeat