Check out notes on new Washington Redskins running back Derrius Guice, the No. 59 pick in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft, courtesy of Redskins Public Relations.
- Guice is the 468th selection made by the Redskins in the Common Draft era (since 1967) and the 38th second-round selection in that time frame. He is the 56th second-round selection by the Redskins all-time since the institution of the draft in 1936.
- Guice becomes the first offensive player selected by the Redskins in the second round since the team selected three offensive players in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft.
- Prior to Guice's selection, the Redskins had used a second-round pick to select a defensive player six consecutive times, including the selections of LB Ryan Anderson (2017), S Su'a Cravens (2016), LB Preston Smith (2015), LB Trent Murphy (2014), CB David Amerson (2013) and DL Jarvis Jenkins (2011). (Note: The team did not make a second-round selection in 2012.) The six consecutive second-round picks on defensive players prior to Guice represented the longest stretch used by the Redskins on one side of the ball in the second round in the Common Draft era.
- Guice becomes the first running back selected by the Redskins in the second round since the team drafted Iowa's Ladell Betts with the No. 56 overall pick in 2002.
- Dating back to 2011, the Redskins have now selected a running back in eight consecutive drafts, the team's longest stretch since taking a running back in nine consecutive years across the 1983-91 drafts, which each consisted of 12 rounds.
- Guice is the 12th LSU product selected by the Redskins all-time, joining E Charlie Webb (1946), B Red Knight (1947), E Charlie Webb (1947), B Dan Sandifer (1948), T Ray Potter (1952), B Vince Gonzales (1956), E Billy Shoemake (1959), RB Bob Brunet (1968), TE Robert Royal (2002), S LaRon Landry (2007) and LB Perry Riley (2010).
- Guice becomes the first LSU product selected by the Redskins in the second round in franchise history. His selection marks the fourth-highest the Redskins have selected a player from LSU, trailing S LaRon Landry's selection at No. 6 overall in 2007, B Red Knight's selection at No. 17 overall in 1947 and B Dan Sandifer's selection at No. 28 overall in 1948.
- Including the selections DL Jonathan Allen and LB Ryan Anderson in 2017 and the selections of DL Da'Ron Payne and Guice in 2018, the Redskins have selected four consecutive players from the Southeastern Conference with their four most-recent first- and second-round picks. It marks the first time the Redskins have taken four players from the same conference with four consecutive first- or second-round picks in the Common Draft era.
- Guice becomes the sixth player selected by the Redskins all-time with the No. 59 overall pick, joining T Roy Young (1938), T Bob Hendren (1946), T Hank Harris (1947), B Gary Lowe (1956) and FB Jim Snowden (1964).