(Photo courtesy University of Louisville)
Check out notes on new Washington Redskins tackle Geron Christian, the No. 74 pick in the third round of the 2018 NFL Draft, courtesy of Redskins Public Relations.
- Christian is the 469th selection made by the Redskins in the Common Draft era (since 1967) and the 35th third-round selection in that time frame. He is the 65th third-round selection by the Redskins all-time since the institution of the draft in 1936.
- Christian becomes the first offensive lineman selected by the Redskins in the third round since the team selected two linemen – T Morgan Moses and G/C Spencer Long – in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Those two players combined to appear in 96 regular season games with 80 starts for the Redskins across the 2014-17 campaigns.
- Christian becomes the ninth offensive lineman selected by the Redskins in the first three rounds since 2000. Three of the offensive linemen selected in that timespan (Chris Samuels in 2000, Trent Williams in 2010 and Brandon Scherff in 2015) have combined for 14 career Pro Bowl appearances.
- Christian is the fifth player from Louisville selected by the Redskins all-time, joining T Ron Petty (1961), TE Jamie Asher (1995), LB Robert McCune (2005) and LB Josh Harvey-Clemons (2017).
- With Christian's selection in 2018 and the seventh-round selection of LB Josh Harvey-Clemons in 2017, the Redskins have now selected a Louisville product in consecutive drafts for the first time in team history.
- Christian becomes the first Louisville product selected by the Redskins in the third round in franchise history. His selection at No. 74 marks the highest the Redskins have selected a player from Louisville, surpassing TE Jamie Asher's No. 137 overall selection in the 1995 NFL Draft.
- Christian becomes the fourth player selected by the Redskins all-time with the No. 74 overall pick, joining G Marcel Saunders (1936), E Russ Brown (1964) and G Paul Siever (1992).