Washington Branded Studio's Hang Time with Tress Way made its much-anticipated Season Two debut on Friday. Wide receiver Jahan Dotson sat down with America's unofficial favorite podcast host to talk about a "little football and a little life."
In addition to a shocking fantasy admission by Camaron Cheeseman, banter between a rookie and a vet as well as some trivia, the episode was highlighted by a fun, behind-the-scenes draft day story.
Dotson revealed on Hang Time that "not even 30 minutes" after he got drafted, he received a special FaceTime call. Now, this was not a family member or mentor calling to gush. Rather, it was his college roommate.
His college roommate happened to be Dallas Cowboys linebacker and reigning defensive Rookie of the Year Micah Parsons. The two spent three seasons together, making a name for themselves on opposite sides of the ball.
"He's like, 'You gotta see me twice a year bro,'" Dotson said with a laugh while reminiscing on the playful trash talk moment. "And, I'm thinking like, 'I just played with you at Penn State. Do you not remember what I was doing to you on those practice fields?'"
Needless to say, Dotson is the kind of player who has full confidence in his abilities and relishes a big stage opportunity like the one a Dallas game provides.
"That [Dallas} rivalry is something else man," Way said. "It is a fun one to be a part of."
While Philly is the focus right now, there is little doubt that Dotson has had excitement bubbling for Oct. 2.
"I can't wait," he said.
Here's a morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Commanders on Saturday, Sept. 24, 2022. All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Commanders.
The reports and deals expressed in this article have not been confirmed by Washington, nor do they reflect any insider information from anyone in the front office.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about Kam Curl's anticipated season debut this Sunday.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala writes that Curtis Samuel adds a spark to the Commanders' offense.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier reports that Kam Curl returning to practice gives the Commanders a boost.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala writes about Carson Wentz's thoughts on playing his former team.
- NBC Sports Washington's Bijan Todd reports on Jonathan Allen's thoughts about Chase Young.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes about how Washington is preparing for the Eagles and Jalen Hurts.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig and Zach Berman gives their key questions about Washington's matchup against the Eagles.
- Sports Illustrated's Bri Amaranthus previews Washington's matchup against the Eagles in Week 3.
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch's Michael Phillips writes about the gratitude Carson Wentz has for his time in Philly.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about Carson Wentz's "excitement" in facing the Eagles.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports on the Commanders placing Chase Roullier on IR.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala also looks at the Commanders' defensive miscues.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes about Rivera's thoughts on Jahan Dotson being an example of top-notch drafting.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey also answers questions from his mailbag.
Check Out What's On Commanders.com:
- 3 keys to Washington getting a win vs. Philadelphia
- Practice report | Kamren Curl excited for chance to make season debut
- Jahan Dotson emerging as one of Washington's most potent red zone threats
- Practice report | Carson Wentz appreciates his time in Philly but has team-first focus in Week 3
- Hail Mail | Updates on Kam Curl, Brian Robinson and more
- Commanders vs. Eagles preview | An early division matchup
- 'A team guy right to the end': Reflecting on the legacy of Washington Legend Jerry Smith ahead of Pride Night Out
- From the booth | I'd rather circle the wagons now
- Commanders looking for consistency after roller coaster start to the season
- Numbers to know from Washington's Week 2 loss to Detroit
- Commanders-Lions Stats & Snaps
- 5 takeaways from Washington's Week 2 loss to Detroit
- Instant Analysis | Commanders sputter in first half, fall to Lions in 36-27 defeat
The Washington Commanders have wrapped up their week of practice ahead of the Week 3 matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles. Check out the top photos from Friday afternoon. (Photos by Emilee Fails and Kourtney Carroll/Washington Commanders)