When it comes to the Washington Commanders wide receiver group, head coach Ron Rivera and wide receiver coach Drew Terrell seem to have a headache on their hands -- a good kind of headache. Guys are playing well, so decisions get more difficult.
"Each guy brings something different to the table. Each guy's done some pretty unique things as we've gone through the first two and a half weeks of camp," Rivera said. "And again, it is one of those tough things that we will still have to see how they play to help make up our minds. These three games will be really important to a lot of guys."
Rookie Jahan Dotson has been among the most consistent in the group. Since training camp got under way, he's shown his smooth route running and steady hands over and over. On Monday, the first-round pick received an important nod for his play upon the release of the Commanders depth chart.
The potential starting wide receiver admits, though, that he's "not looking too far ahead into future." Instead, he's focused on getting the playbook down and developing chemistry with the quarterbacks.
"It's my obligation to catch the football, and I feel like that's what I gotta do," Dotson said. "The quarterbacks are on a footwork timing basis, and we gotta be in that spot at the right time. So, it's my job to get there and go get the ball. The guys [quarterbacks] are looking great. So, I feel like it's just gonna keep building every single day as we get these reps out here, practice and we're gonna be good."
Dotson is trusting the process, and so far, it's paying off. Every day he comes into work, he hopes to improve by soaking up the experience of this new pro-level environment.
"I'm still a 22-year-old kid, just learning the ropes," Dotson said. "You can never stop learning so any information or knowledge that guys are giving to me because they've been in this predicament before, I'm taking it and I'm using it so I can help better myself."
The Washington Commanders continue to roll through Week 3 of training camp with a Wednesday practice in helmets and jerseys. Check out the top photos from the day.
Here's a morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Commanders on Thursday, August 11, 2022. All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Commanders.
The reports and deals expressed in this article have not been confirmed by Washington, nor do they reflect any insider information from anyone in the front office.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about the developing chemistry between Jahan Dotson and Carson Wentz.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala writes about the Commanders' offensive line looking to pick up where they left off from last season.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux offers five things to know about the Commanders new DL coach Jeff Zgonina.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig writes about what William Jackson III has shared to help out Christian Holmes.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about Sam Cosmi's increased comfortability heading into Year 2.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about how players are looking forward to the Aug.6 practice at FedExField.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier writes about a leaner Antonio Gibson who is confident heading into year 3.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala writes about the similar paths of Percy Butler and Washington Legend Brian Mitchell
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes about how Kendall Fuller's standout knowledge of the playbook, football IQ has set him up for success at camp so far
- The Athletic's Ben Standig writes about rookie Percy Butler's adjustment to NFL life and dad life.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes about Taylor Heinicke's love of LEGOS.
- The Washington Post's PJ Morales writes about the hunt for the team's next starting dual-returner.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about Antonio Gibson's confidence entering Year 3.
- NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay provides a look back at Ryan Kerrigan's career in Washington.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier writes about the sounds of the first few days of training camp.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about Dyami Brown's epic in Day 3.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala writes about the positive Day 2 outing for the Commanders' secondary.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey also writes about the glimpses of Curtis Samuel magic that offer hope for the future.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey also writes about how Carson Wentz's attitude has impressed as training camp gets underway.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about the humble approach that is fueling the Commanders defense.
Check Out What's On Commanders.com:
- From the booth | Bram Weinstein gives his training camp takeaways
- Training Camp Notebook | McLaurin scores goal line TD as timing with Wentz improves
- Hail Mail | Assessing depth at DE and an update on the O-Line
- Commanders announce 2022 home jersey schedule
- Jeff Zgonina named Commanders' new defensive line coach
- McLaurin has confidence in his and Carson Wentz's budding chemistry
- Media roundup | Sam Cosmi's progress feels like 'night and day' from rookie season
- Training camp notebook | Commanders begin preparations for season opener
- Media roundup | Carson Wentz's TD to Terry McLaurin felt like a 'game rep'
- 4 standouts from Week 2 of training camp
- Brian Robinson is becoming more than a downhill threat
- Training camp notebook | Inside Sam Howell's 'awesome' relationship with Taylor Heinicke
- Media roundup | Taylor Heinicke praises Sam Howell's arm strength, says the rookie QB 'can sling it'
- Training camp notebook | All about rest and recovery
- Media roundup | Charles Leno calls Brian Robinson a 'natural running back"
- Washington Commanders to induct Mike Bass into Ring of Fame during 2022 season opener
- Kendall Fuller: Commanders secondary can be 'as good as we wanna be'
- Training Camp Notebook | Curtis Samuels suits up, Cole Turner establishes chemistry with Carson Wentz
- "I absolutely love it, being out here in the uniform": Military members enjoy Salute Day at the Park