A morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Commanders on Tuesday June 7, 2022. All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Football Team.
The reports and deals expressed in this article have not been confirmed by Washington, nor do they reflect any insider information from anyone in the front office.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about the Commanders announcing their fight song will debut on Aug. 13.
- Sports Illustrated's David Harrison looks at where Carson Wentz ranks among the NFL's deep passers.
- USA Today's Ivan Lambert reports on the Commanders announcing their home themes for the 2022 season.
- CBS Sports Shanna McCarriston writes about Ron Rivera comparing Carson Wentz to Philip Rivers.
- The Washington Time's Matthew Paras writes about the Commanders' secondary banking on continuity for success in 2022.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about how the Commanders want Chase Young and Montez Sweat to grow.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes that Ron Rivera believes the team and training staff are in sync.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig gives his observations on under-the-radar OTA standouts.
- USA Today's Bryan Manning writes about his highlights and takeaways from OTAs.
- NBC Sports Washington's Bijan Todd writes that the Commanders have no real limitations with Curtis Samuel, according to Scott Turner.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes that Bobby McCain knows the importance of starting fast in 2022.
- Sports Illustrated's Cole Thompson looks at whether Curtis Samuel will be a difference maker for the offense.
- USA Today's Bryan Manning reports on Chase Young and Montez Sweat's status at OTAs.
- The Washington Post's Barry Svrluga writes about his take on Chase Young's recovery.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier and Nicki Jhabvala report on Chase Young rejoining the Commanders during OTAs.
Check Out What's On Commanders.com:
- Trai Turner is fitting right in with Commanders' O-Line
- Jahan Dotson continues to stand out in OTAs
- Percy Butler is eager to learn, and it's leaving a good impression on his teammates
- Scott Turner | 'There's a lot of different things we we'll be able to do' with Jahan Dotson
- Ron Rivera | Montez Sweat 'becomes more and more dynamic'
- Washington Commanders announce 2022 preseason schedule
- Commanders' offense primed to be more explosive with Wentz at QB
- Logan Paulsen, Santana Moss break down injury updates on Chase Young, Curtis Samuel, Logan Thomas
- Chase Young remains confident in his recovery process
- Senior Pro Scout, former tight end Don Warren retires from NFL
- OTA Notebook | Jahan Dotson, offensive weapons continue to improve
- Riveras open up on how Filipino ancestors shaped views of hard work, sacrifice, family priorities
- Rivera: Gandy-Golden has size, athleticism to switch to TE
- Logan Paulsen breaks down why Washington's backfield is so exciting
- William Jackson confident in growth from Commanders' secondary
- Commanders praise Wentz's arm strength, veteran leadership
- Brian Robinson has high expectations for his NFL career
- Curtis Samuel 'flying around' after recovering from groin, hamstring injuries'
- OTA Notebook | Carson Wentz takes the field, Cole Holcomb takes on leadership role
The Washington Commanders begin their final week of Phase 3 before the start of mandatory minicamp. Check out the best photos from Monday's OTA. (Emilee Fails/Washington Commanders)