Here's a morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Commanders on Friday, Dec. 30, 2022. All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Commanders.
The reports and deals expressed in this article have not been confirmed by Washington, nor do they reflect any insider information from anyone in the front office.
- The Washington Post's Scott Allen looks back at Washington's 26-3 win over the Dallas Cowboys in the first NFC Championship game at RFK.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier takes a look at the Commanders' defense.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes about Scott Turner's comments on the Commanders' offensive identity.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes that Chase Young hopes to "keep taking step" after season debut.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig takes a look at Jake Fromm's path from Georgia to the NFL.
- The Richmond-Times Dispatch's Michael Phillips writes about Carson Wentz' return and the Commanders' search for an offensive spark.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports on the Commanders naming Carson Wentz as the starting quarterback.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala writes about how Jahan Dotson re-emerged as a menace to defenses.
- The Athletic's Ben Standig and David Aldridge write about Chase Young's return, the Commanders playoff picture and more.
- The Washington Post's Sam Fortier writes that Chase Young is ready to "be that dog" again.
- The Washington Post's Jerry Brewer gives his perspective on the Commanders quarterback situation.
- The Washington Post's Nicki Jhabvala reports on the Commanders' loss to the 49ers.
Check Out What's On Commanders.com:
- Practice report | Rivera says Washington needs a spark. He thinks Wentz can provide it.
- Terry McLaurin confident with Carson Wentz at quarterback
- Practice report | Jahan Dotson takes another step forward with impressive December
- NFC playoff picture | All the playoff scenarios heading into Week 17
- 'We control our destiny': Commanders refocus for final playoff push
- Rivera names Carson Wentz Commanders' starting quarterback vs. Browns
- Numbers to know from Washington's Christmas Eve matchup with San Francisco
- 5 takeaways from Washington's loss against San Francisco
- Commanders-49ers Stats & Snaps
- Instant analysis | Commanders drop second straight with loss to 49ers
The Washington Commanders are on the field warming up for their Week 16 matchup against the San Francisco 49ers. (Emilee Fails/Washington Commanders)