The Washington Commanders are back on the field for mandatory minicamp, but before that, there was another event they had to go through: media day.
Players spent Monday morning moving from one station to the next at the team facility to take photos and participate in videos for the league and the Commanders' social media team, all while wearing the team's new all burgundy uniforms for the first time.
Here's a look at how the day went for the team:
"Just getting comfortable with myself playing and knowing what I'm capable of. Of course, knowing the playbook and stuff like that is a big factor in that as well, so just going out and playing my own game and not worrying about what anybody's got to say about it." - LB Jamin Davis on where he's grown the most this offseason
"I love [the uniforms]. I love the new stitch on the jerseys and I think they look fresh. Having a new jersey definitely gives you a fresh mindset going forward. - LS Camaron Cheeseman on the Commanders' new uniforms
"[Charles Leno] is an All-Pro guy all around. He brings it every day, and it just feels great playing next to him." - G Andrew Norwell on Charles Leno
"Honestly, a huge pool of talent. Everyone is just coming in here willing to learn and trying to take that next step. Just exciting to be a part of it." - DE Efe Obada on getting to work with Washington's defensive line
Here's a morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Commanders on Tuesday, June 14, 2022. All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Football Team.
The reports and deals expressed in this article have not been confirmed by Washington, nor do they reflect any insider information from anyone in the front office.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about Carson Wentz developing a strong bond with Jahan Dotson.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about the absence of Curtis Samuel and Antonio Gibson during Wednesday's OTA.
- NBC Sports Washington's Bijan Todd writes about Brian Robinson valuing veteran leadership from former Alabama teammates.
- Sports Illustrated's David Harrison opens his notebook from the Commanders' OTAs.
- NFL.com's Adam Rank writes that 2022 is a pivotal season for Ron Rivera.
- NBC Sports Washington's Bijan Todd writes about Benjamin St-Juste impressing Shawn Springs during OTAs.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about Ryan Fitzpatrick's retirement.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about the Commanders announcing their fight song will debut on Aug. 13.
- Sports Illustrated's Ethan Hurwitz writes about Percy Butler's progress during OTAs.
- Sports Illustrated's David Harrison looks at where Carson Wentz ranks among the NFL's deep passers.
- USA Today's Ivan Lambert reports on the Commanders announcing their home themes for the 2022 season.
- CBS Sports Shanna McCarriston writes about Ron Rivera comparing Carson Wentz to Philip Rivers.
- The Washington Time's Matthew Paras writes about the Commanders' secondary banking on continuity for success in 2022.
- NBC Sports Washington's Ethan Cadeaux writes about how the Commanders want Chase Young and Montez Sweat to grow.
- NBC Sports Washington's Peter Hailey writes that Ron Rivera believes the team and training staff are in sync.
Check Out What's On Commanders.com:
- Antonio Gibson named Top 10 explosive runner by Next Gen Stats
- Media Roundup | Ron Rivera, Jacks Del Rio, Carson Wentz address the media
- Carson Wentz is focused on finding balance between aggressive and conservative
- Benjamin St-Juste is thriving in his new role
- Stars & sleepers from Commanders OTAs
- Why Montez Sweat's length, explosiveness gives offenses so many problems
- Trai Turner is fitting right in with Commanders' O-Line
- Jahan Dotson continues to stand out in OTAs
- Percy Butler is eager to learn, and it's leaving a good impression on his teammates
- Scott Turner | 'There's a lot of different things we we'll be able to do' with Jahan Dotson
- Ron Rivera | Montez Sweat 'becomes more and more dynamic'
- Washington Commanders announce 2022 preseason schedule
- Commanders' offense primed to be more explosive with Wentz at QB
- Logan Paulsen, Santana Moss break down injury updates on Chase Young, Curtis Samuel, Logan Thomas
- Chase Young remains confident in his recovery process
- Senior Pro Scout, former tight end Don Warren retires from NFL
- OTA Notebook | Jahan Dotson, offensive weapons continue to improve
- Riveras open up on how Filipino ancestors shaped views of hard work, sacrifice, family priorities
- Rivera: Gandy-Golden has size, athleticism to switch to TE