A morning roundup of content from the Washington Commanders on Monday, April 17, 2023.
It's time to start preparing for next season! Click HERE to place your deposits for the 2023 campaign.
After four months of rest and recovery, the Washington Commanders are ready to get back to work.
Players began reporting to the Commanders' training facility in Ashburn, Virginia, for the voluntary offseason workout program, beginning the five-month path to the start of the regular season. Here are the dates you should keep in mind from now until June:
- First Day: April 17
- OTAs: May 23-25, May 30-June 1, June 13
- Mandatory Minicamp: June 6-8
- Rookie minicamp: May 11-13
Here is an explanation for the three phases of the nine-week offseason workout program:
- Phase One: consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to meetings, strength and conditioning, and physical rehabilitation only.
- Phase Two: consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual or group instruction and drills, as well as "perfect play drills," and drills and plays with offensive players lining up across from offensive players and defensive players lining up across from defensive players, conducted at a walk-through pace. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
- Phase Three: consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or "OTAs". No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
Check Out What's On Commanders.com:
- 2023 NFL Draft attendees announced
- 10 fifth-round prospects who could be available for the Commanders on Day 3
- Commanders will 'lean on' Jacoby Brissett's experience in QB room
- 10 sixth-round prospects who could be available for the Commanders on Day 3
- Daron Payne shows love for staff members who helped him earn contract extension
- Mock Draft Monday | Here's who Mike Tannenbaum has the Commanders taking in the first round
- 10 seventh-round prospects who could be available for the Commanders on Day 3
- Paulsen's prospects | Tennessee OT Darnell Wright
- Commanders 2023 Mock Draft Madness 8.0
- Bobby Engram praises Dotson's rookie season, wants to help WR take step forward in Year 2
- Commanders players reflect on 2022 season, gear up for future
- D.C. ceremony honoring his father Eugenio, other veterans 'very humbling' for Rivera
- Paulsen's prospects | Maryland CB Deonte Banks
- Pritchard impressed by Howell, says QB's traits 'jump off the screen'
- Pro Day watch | Prospects make final case to scouts before draft
- Mock Draft Monday | Here's who CBS Sports' Will Brinson has the Commanders taking in the first round
- No matter the city they’ve settled in or the demands of their lives, Stephanie Rivera keeps a focus on women’s sports
- Free agency moves give Commanders flexibility for 'best player available' in NFL Draft
- Kiper sees 'a lot' of value at LB in Days 2 & 3 of draft